Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
just a few things FR could have and should have done better on, I realize it was a new concept for FR to try and make a super c and thank god they only made 18 +/_ I do not know how the other 17 are but mine has cost FR at least 12,000 in repairs and transport and still counting. I will continue to use it every chance I get between now and July when the FR warranty runs out and I will continue to have everything repaired , I have yet to use it where it has not had to go back for repairs. I would love to trade it in but thanks to its stellar reputation nobody wants it, unless I want to lose 60% the 1st year.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
between thor and FR you just don't have many choices, they have both bought up just about every mfg. that was in trouble or for sale, therefore they will be around no matter how bad there QC is. they will repair what they have to and want to for the 1st year than they really will not care

Old 04-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
Mod free 5er
AMEN trudinator.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
She said it right on
Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
I have owned two Forest River Products, a new 2009 Palomino P2100 PUP and now a 2009 Palomino Puma 25RS. We found nothing wrong with the PUP and nothing wrong with the Puma, although it was used when we purchased it. I know that the final product depends upon the workers who built it and then final inspectors. This applies to anything that it built. In my previous employment, we picked up a brand new $25 million dollar had defects in it also that should have been caught at the factory.
2009 Palomino Puma 25RS
2007 Chevrolet Silverado
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Old 04-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #16
Great idea. I'll build a product with flaws, get someone else to sell it, then blame the seller or the buyer when something goes wrong. Hey, with that thought, I could also run for public office.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #17
What qualit????????
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
2 forest river products I've owned
Fixed under warranty
Radio /dvd player
Propane leak
awning fabric
Interior light
Slide out seal
Wardrobe door catch
cabinet door catch

Things fixed out of warranty
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #19
I can only speak for owning a TT. I am still awaiting my V-Lite 30WTBS but before that I owned a Jayco and within the 1st year the following needed repaired:

Plumbing Under Tub
Support Bracket Under Tub needed adjusted 2 times
DVD/CD/Radio (complete replacement)
5.1 Speakers were wired wrong
Mirror in Bathroom was installed to low
Stablizer jacks were not installed correctly to the frame
The whole trailer frame had to rise off the axles by more the 2 inches so that the tires could clear the wheel wells

I say all this to say it was all fixed by my dealer and it was a well made unit. It comes with owning a product.

To me it comes down to how good your dealer is. I based on where to purchase my TT based on their service department and willing to fix what is wrong. If something breaks when its covered under warranty, then it better get fixed by my dealer or if it is too big of a problem then it goes back to FR or another local dealer that can handle the fix.

Philip, DW, 3 DD, 1 DS, and Kadie our Dog
2013 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBS
2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 Liter with 3.73 Axle
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
48 Days of Camping Reserved for 2012
Old 04-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #20
I too had problems with my new 2011 360RB. I refused to take it the dealer due the distance and insisted my repair facility, not an approved FR dealer, they only repair and do not sell RV's. Everything was repaired perfectly, FR paid and sent new parts. Very few dealers are interested in seeing you bring It back, once the mud flaps clear the lot it's yours.

Closed Thread