Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #51

If you Google any brand of RV from popup to diesel pusher you will find crappy work and problems. All things that are mechanical must be fine tuned and that goes for any RV. I have a friend who recently boughta $650,000 Monaco that he had custom made in Oregon and has been wait for it for 2 months as it sits in yard at Monaco. Why you ask?
Because the main computer that monitors all systems and makes things work is non-existant. The company went belly up and now they have like 9 or 10 Signature model waiting for a new brain. Now you tell me when my friend picks it up will he have problems. A big YEP! So what do you get for $650,000 compared to a $149,000 Georgetown? A larger monthly payment and still have problems.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #52
Mod free 5er

Maybe someone should sell his camper and go into business building campers that are only top quality units with no defects. I would be interested in one if it will not overload my 1/2T Chevy and still give me the room I have with my Flagstaff 5ver.

Think it is time to close this thread as the "bad mouthing" FR has filled this bucket to the brim.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookside

really... you looked at their construction in detail? crawled under them? removed the cabinets? examined the welds?

No, you did, we took your word for it and bought one....
Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Maybe someone should sell his camper and go into business building campers that are only top quality units with no defects. I would be interested in one if it will not overload my 1/2T Chevy and still give me the room I have with my Flagstaff 5ver.

Think it is time to close this thread as the "bad mouthing" FR has filled this bucket to the brim.

Its possible but everyone will need a diesel dually to pull the new and improved trailrts/ 5th wheels. 16,000 lbs will be alight one.
Ford 450 and 550 will be a big seller

Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post

Where is the bad mouthing? Everyone is being extremely civil and raising valid concerns about their coaches and both sides have reasonable representation.

Why do you want it closed? To hide what people have experienced (both bad and good)?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #56

"really... you looked at their construction in detail? crawled under them? removed the cabinets? examined the welds?"
===============================================
Yes, brookside, as a matter of fact I did.
If you want a really well-made unit, check out the Triple E motor homes. They are a bit more costly, but far better quality than anything made in "camper alley".
They are built in Canada, not too far from where I live. And like most things built in Canada, they are built with pride and attention to quality.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #57

I think all manufacturers have their problems and issues when it comes to manufacturing, warranty, etc., heck look at the auto industry.
In the end we purchase what we feel will suit our individual needs for a price we can afford and hope we did not buy a lemon, since you can find lemons in everything from appliances, computers, cars, trailers, class A motor homes, and the list goes on. Some problems are the fault of the manufacturer, some are the fault of the vendors who supply the manufacturer with parts. You can't blame Forest River for everything and I am not saying they should not be responsible either or that they don't have their problems, as I went through my own hell with them with our unit, however, we like our unit and the reason we bought it was in comparison with other manufacturers out there, the Georgetown offered the best value for the price, we felt for what we could afford. If we had to do it again we would probably do the same and go with the Georgetown again. If we could have afforded more our dream coach is an Entegra coach, but chances are, probably would have had some sort of problems with that too, since nothing is perfect. So as long as Forest River or any other company repairs what is wrong and stands behind their product that's all we can ask for as a consumer and in the end if we are still not satisfied we sell and buy from another manufacturer and roll the ball and hope for the best again.
That's the way I see it.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"really... you looked at their construction in detail? crawled under them? removed the cabinets? examined the welds?"
===============================================
Yes, brookside, as a matter of fact I did.
If you want a really well-made unit, check out the Triple E motor homes. They are a bit more costly, but far better quality than anything made in "camper alley".
They are built in Canada, not too far from where I live. And like most things built in Canada, they are built with pride and attention to quality.
My parents spent $63K plus tax on a 34 foot Triple E 5th wheel and they still had to take it back to the dealership 2 times to get the slide adjusted and a new seal on the slide. Maybe a better built unit but not without their problems too.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
Old 04-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7575
Great idea. I'll build a product with flaws, get someone else to sell it, then blame the seller or the buyer when something goes wrong. Hey, with that thought, I could also run for public office.
Can't wait till they start building tt in japan i'll be first in line sick and tired junk and dealers that lie to you.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #60
Site Team - Lou

Well, I could not sleep and had to read this entire thread at 3 AM.
Man, what a buzz kill.

If everyone is done venting their spleen, can we put this one to bed, so to speak? I doubt opinions will change and before things get out of hand I am going to close this thread down.

Everyone just go camping this weekend.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Closed Thread