Old 08-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #11

Location: currently Dripping Springs Campground/ Flaming Gorge / Ashley N.F.
I am looking for the same thing, I guess ! lol

In searching the internet I heard it was better to use vinegar instead of bleach, any thoughts, the person said the vinegar was less harsh and safer if you don't get it all out. I'm not looking to winterize, but have had the same water stored since this past Feb. I don't use it when traveling except for showers and the toilet and occasional dish washing, usually I use disposeable for food.

In Feb as I was connecting the city water, in LA, i noticed water pouring out of some pipe/hose on the opposite side; I was told the water pump needed to be replaced, which it was. Since I am assuming that the full tank of fresh water has been in there since early Feb of this year and I am getting ready to leave UT in another month, where do I find whatever I need to unplug to drain the water from the tank and refill it. I CAN NOT seem to find any diagrams on where the drains are and which one, I am assuming there are several. There is a bay that as low water point ? ! ? ! ?

Why is there always such a mystery of where things are and how do work them. I could not find anything specific about an overflow or drain hose for the fresh water tank in my manual, either on line or the physical manual, nor could I find anything on YouTube about where to find these hoses /drains !

My kids: Clemmie, aka Killer & Violet a LoveBird At the Rainbow Bridge:PYMMINT Keeshonden: Nicky, Tookie, Mandy, Chip, JD, Ashley, Winston, Ditty, Lyric, Montana, Georgie01-30-2011: KELLY; Eleanor; Montgomery; Charlotte Gray; Rosie, the Riveter; Audey Murphy
pymmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pymmint View Post
I am looking for the same thing, I guess ! lol

In searching the internet I heard it was better to use vinegar instead of bleach, any thoughts, the person said the vinegar was less harsh and safer if you don't get it all out. I'm not looking to winterize, but have had the same water stored since this past Feb. I don't use it when traveling except for showers and the toilet and occasional dish washing, usually I use disposeable for food.

In Feb as I was connecting the city water, in LA, i noticed water pouring out of some pipe/hose on the opposite side; I was told the water pump needed to be replaced, which it was. Since I am assuming that the full tank of fresh water has been in there since early Feb of this year and I am getting ready to leave UT in another month, where do I find whatever I need to unplug to drain the water from the tank and refill it. I CAN NOT seem to find any diagrams on where the drains are and which one, I am assuming there are several. There is a bay that as low water point ? ! ? ! ?

Why is there always such a mystery of where things are and how do work them. I could not find anything specific about an overflow or drain hose for the fresh water tank in my manual, either on line or the physical manual, nor could I find anything on YouTube about where to find these hoses /drains !

These are two pics of the "hoses" under and near the low drain bay . . .hmmmm apparently I can only do one at a time !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	312.9 KB
ID:	118016  

My kids: Clemmie, aka Killer & Violet a LoveBird At the Rainbow Bridge:PYMMINT Keeshonden: Nicky, Tookie, Mandy, Chip, JD, Ashley, Winston, Ditty, Lyric, Montana, Georgie01-30-2011: KELLY; Eleanor; Montgomery; Charlotte Gray; Rosie, the Riveter; Audey Murphy
pymmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pymmint View Post
These are two pics of the "hoses" under and near the low drain bay . . .hmmmm apparently I can only do one at a time !
Here's the second pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	508.3 KB
ID:	118018  
Old 08-22-2016, 10:58 AM   #14

This past weekend while we were camping, I crawled around underneath our unit, and I could not find a drain valve. I can see the fresh water tank in the basement compartment on the passengers side, it disappears off into the bowels of the beast. It is all sealed from the underside.

I did figure out that the one low point drain on the drivers side in the propane tank compartment, is feed by the water pump. So after filling the tank to dilute my bleach solution I drained it internally to the grey water tank through all the taps. The fresh water is 80 gallons and the grey water is 41, so had to stop draining and dump grey water a couple of time.

Refilled the fresh water tank and ran some of the solution free water through all taps. Then opened the valve on the one low point drain and let the pump clear the tank. Topped it off with maybe 10 gallons of hand washing and toilet flushing water.

I believe I'm good to go, well, till winterizing time.

Tags
drain, fresh water, vent, water