Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
fresh water manifold

Just thought I'd show everyone what I added to my 2011 378TS to manage the fresh water system. With this setup I need only attach one hose, which has a quick disconnect, at the campsite. By opening the ball valves, I can either run on city water, fill the fresh water tank, or back flush the black water tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0005.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	7986  
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Very nice. Looks like an off-season project for me. Thanks for sharing!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #3

I did something similar to that except mine is a 2 way (city water & black tank flush)instead of a 3 way.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #4

I bought some quick-disconnects at W*M and just pop the hose from place to place. They also have the advantage of an additional anti-backflow valve.
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #5

Like the set up, separate question though, I notice you have the drain in same place my 2011 360 does, my old knees are not happy lying on ground to hook up sewer hose. Do you know of anyone who has move the sewer into the compartment where the water hook ups are?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #6

I just wish there were better connections available. In my 2005, I have just replaced all 3 freshwater connections with plastic junk for $15/per.

I hope the quick connects will make the junk last longer!

Oh, I also use the 90-degree adapter for the city water. Less "hang" on the plastic crap.
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
Like the set up, separate question though, I notice you have the drain in same place my 2011 360 does, my old knees are not happy lying on ground to hook up sewer hose. Do you know of anyone who has move the sewer into the compartment where the water hook ups are?
If you look real close, you can see that I have added a valve extension. It adds about 6" and gets the outlet close to the edge of the fiberglass body making it real easy to make the sewer connection. It also gives you an extra valve to stop the sewer flow if needed. I don't really like having the sewer connection in the same compartment as the fresh water. Bad enough I have some of the sewer connections laying in the same compartment.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
I bought some quick-disconnects at W*M and just pop the hose from place to place. They also have the advantage of an additional anti-backflow valve.
I did that first, but decided just making one connection each time I hook up would put less wear and tear on everything. As you can see, I added a quick disconnect on the line going to the black tank flush because of the anti-back flow valve. But, there is one inside anyway.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #9

Looks great. But, I really don't like the idea of having the drinking water supply hose have access to the black tank flush inlet. I keep a regular garden hose just for the black tank flush. Yes, I know that the black flush system has a back flow preventor but I'm just not willing to take a chance at cross contamination. Yuck! I also always wipe down the hose connection at the campground's pole and run the water for a few moments before connecting our "white" supply hose. Just anal about I guess.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Looks great. But, I really don't like the idea of having the drinking water supply hose have access to the black tank flush inlet. I keep a regular garden hose just for the black tank flush. Yes, I know that the black flush system has a back flow preventor but I'm just not willing to take a chance at cross contamination. Yuck! I also always wipe down the hose connection at the campground's pole and run the water for a few moments before connecting our "white" supply hose. Just anal about I guess.
That's why I have a quick disconnect on that line. When I'm at a dump station I use a dedicated hose. There is not only one but two back flow preventers in the line and the line is always pressurized, I just don't see how any cross contamination can occur. I worry more about the sewer connections I have in that compartment.