Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Drain

Does anybody know where the fresh water tank drain is at on a 2014 Georgetown 335 DSF? Is it the low point drain? I am use to seeing a valve but the two pipes at the low point drain have plugs in them. Thanks.
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGeorge View Post
Does anybody know where the fresh water tank drain is at on a 2014 Georgetown 335 DSF? Is it the low point drain? I am use to seeing a valve but the two pipes at the low point drain have plugs in them. Thanks.
Mine had a plastic plug in also. One will be the tanks drain and the other should be the low point water drain of your whole system prior to winterizing.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #3

Perfect. Thanks!
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #4

I used to drain my fresh water tank by just opening the valve at the low point. Last couple of years it won't drain unless
I turn the water pump on and it pumps out? Not sure if I turned a valve at some point or what?
Anybody else have this? It's an 08 Gtown.
Ggantilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggantilla View Post
I used to drain my fresh water tank by just opening the valve at the low point. Last couple of years it won't drain unless
I turn the water pump on and it pumps out? Not sure if I turned a valve at some point or what?
Anybody else have this? It's an 08 Gtown.
Do you have a 3rd pipe that extends down with a black tape on the end? This tape is actually a fine mesh but over time gets clogged up with road debri. This hose goes to the top vent for the water tank so things flow using gravety. It is clogged and water won't flow until you open and vent the water tank.
I'd look for vent hose and make sure the end is clear.

Hope this helps .
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #6

I believe that hose is open and clear, but something is plugged somewhere. I'll be winterizing soon😝, here in Minny, so I'll be looking again. Thanks
Old 09-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggantilla View Post
I believe that hose is open and clear, but something is plugged somewhere. I'll be winterizing soon😝, here in Minny, so I'll be looking again. Thanks
I just hate hearing that. The summer is almost over in some parts of the States. If you are like me you just plan and wait until you can start camping again....... Hope you had a great summer and many happy times...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #8

Yes, low tonight in east central Minnesota is 44!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #9

I usually have "city" water since I seldom if ever dry camp. However the DW does need a facility as we are driving along since she has a bladder about the size of a hummingbird's. So I fill the water tank half full. When I finish my trip the tank doesn't want to empty out completely. Today I tried tipping the rig with the right side jacks and got more empty but still plenty of gallons left in there.

Leaving 10-20 gallons or so in the tank isn't appealling at all since I won't be using the rig for at least a month or more. How do you guys get to dry in the tank? Looking at the plumbing, the low point drain isn't going to do it since the opening in the tank is at least an inch above the tank bottom.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #10

I have never got mine completely empty.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
Denver, CO

Far as I can tell, ALL tanks in RV's have all their fittings in the side of their tanks, so there will always be some water left in the tank. Judicious sanitizing after the units sit for awhile or at least annually helps, and point of use filters are also a good idea. A little water in the bottom of a tank, as long as it is not in the lines will not be a freeze problem, as it has nothing the "push" against to burst or crack anything. IMO, of course