Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Drain Valves

I had valves on my old TT instead of the end caps that come stock with the RV. They were white and screwed on the end of the drain pipes.

I'd like to install them in this coach but can't seem to find them. Could someone please post a link or a part number. I would have thought they were pretty common. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #2

I'd like to add one also.
I have no idea of the thread size.
It need to be a male end to screw into the existing pipe.
May be 5/8" but not sure.

Something like this but you may need to add a male threaded nipple on one end to attach.
Homewerks Worldwide 3/4 in. PVC Sch. 40 FPT x FPT Ball Valve-VBVP40B4B at The Home Depot
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
I had valves on my old TT instead of the end caps that come stock with the RV. They were white and screwed on the end of the drain pipes.

I'd like to install them in this coach but can't seem to find them. Could someone please post a link or a part number. I would have thought they were pretty common. Thanks in advance.
Pipe threads can be 3/8", 1/2" or 3/4" in the range you are talking. Most likely the drain tubing is 1/2" NPT or "National Pipe Thread" OD of the fittings would be about 5/8", dimension not size.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #4

Everything used in RVs is 1/2" PECS. You should be able to find pecs in most plumbing supply houses, Lowes & HD carry some, not sure if pecs uses standard thread sizes though.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I'd like to add one also.
I have no idea of the thread size.
It need to be a male end to screw into the existing pipe.
May be 5/8" but not sure.

Something like this but you may need to add a male threaded nipple on one end to attach.
Homewerks Worldwide 3/4 in. PVC Sch. 40 FPT x FPT Ball Valve-VBVP40B4B at The Home Depot
Yup, like that but male threads in one end and smooth no threads on the other.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:11 AM   #6

I finally found a picture of what I had, but still not a place to get one. I may have to go to an RV place to see if they have them.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #7

Found them on CW...not sure how I missed it the first time:

Universal Drain Valve - Valterra A01-2026VP - Fresh Water Pump Accessories - Camping World
Old 05-05-2014, 02:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Found them on CW...not sure how I missed it the first time:

Universal Drain Valve - Valterra A01-2026VP - Fresh Water Pump Accessories - Camping World
that's what I did was take black drain plug out and went to cw with my black plug and matched it up, it was 1/2 inch npt. And got shut off, used Teflon tape and worked good, no crawling under Neath any more. Pete.
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
that's what I did was take black drain plug out and went to cw with my black plug and matched it up, it was 1/2 inch npt. And got shut off, used Teflon tape and worked good, no crawling under Neath any more. Pete.
Yeah, they are a must have. Our coach has four drain lines, but the one used the most is the fresh water tank one. Like you said, no more crawling under and getting wet.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #10

Exactly what I need. Thanks
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank, valve