Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Fresh Water Tank Drain Valves

I had valves on my old TT instead of the end caps that come stock with the RV. They were white and screwed on the end of the drain pipes.

I'd like to install them in this coach but can't seem to find them. Could someone please post a link or a part number. I would have thought they were pretty common. Thanks in advance.
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
I'd like to add one also.
I have no idea of the thread size.
It need to be a male end to screw into the existing pipe.
May be 5/8" but not sure.

Something like this but you may need to add a male threaded nipple on one end to attach.
Homewerks Worldwide 3/4 in. PVC Sch. 40 FPT x FPT Ball Valve-VBVP40B4B at The Home Depot
Attached Images
 
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
I had valves on my old TT instead of the end caps that come stock with the RV. They were white and screwed on the end of the drain pipes.

I'd like to install them in this coach but can't seem to find them. Could someone please post a link or a part number. I would have thought they were pretty common. Thanks in advance.
Pipe threads can be 3/8", 1/2" or 3/4" in the range you are talking. Most likely the drain tubing is 1/2" NPT or "National Pipe Thread" OD of the fittings would be about 5/8", dimension not size.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
jergeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central upstate New York
Posts: 258
Everything used in RVs is 1/2" PECS. You should be able to find pecs in most plumbing supply houses, Lowes & HD carry some, not sure if pecs uses standard thread sizes though.
__________________
George & Jerri
06 GT 340 TSSE
USMC
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I'd like to add one also.
I have no idea of the thread size.
It need to be a male end to screw into the existing pipe.
May be 5/8" but not sure.

Something like this but you may need to add a male threaded nipple on one end to attach.
Homewerks Worldwide 3/4 in. PVC Sch. 40 FPT x FPT Ball Valve-VBVP40B4B at The Home Depot
Yup, like that but male threads in one end and smooth no threads on the other.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
I finally found a picture of what I had, but still not a place to get one. I may have to go to an RV place to see if they have them.

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Found them on CW...not sure how I missed it the first time:

Universal Drain Valve - Valterra A01-2026VP - Fresh Water Pump Accessories - Camping World
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:38 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: oregon
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Found them on CW...not sure how I missed it the first time:

Universal Drain Valve - Valterra A01-2026VP - Fresh Water Pump Accessories - Camping World
that's what I did was take black drain plug out and went to cw with my black plug and matched it up, it was 1/2 inch npt. And got shut off, used Teflon tape and worked good, no crawling under Neath any more. Pete.
__________________
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
that's what I did was take black drain plug out and went to cw with my black plug and matched it up, it was 1/2 inch npt. And got shut off, used Teflon tape and worked good, no crawling under Neath any more. Pete.
Yeah, they are a must have. Our coach has four drain lines, but the one used the most is the fresh water tank one. Like you said, no more crawling under and getting wet.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Exactly what I need. Thanks
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank, valve

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.