Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #1

Fresh Water tank Leak

I have a very slow water leak coming from somewhere around my 2005 GT XL fresh water tank. I have removed the panel on the passenger side at the water pump and checked all those connections. All seems dry except there is moisture seeping from below the tank and dripping through the hole where the gas connections travel into the coach and onto the propane tank.

After about a week there is less than a gallon in a bucket. I am wondering if it could be the inlet hose? Anybody know how to access the inlet side of the tank?

There is just over 1/3 of a tank of water, maybe 25 gallons still in the tank.

Open to suggestions.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

My 2007 has access to the pump and a visual of one side of the tank if I remove the entire panel above the Propane tank. I originally had to do this since FR had the tubing to pull in antifreeze wire tied inside and completely out of reach. You may want to check the strainer container prior to the pump. Possibly the seal is bad or the bowl may have a crack in it. Just somewhere else to look. Good luck!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
My 2007 has access to the pump and a visual of one side of the tank if I remove the entire panel above the Propane tank. I originally had to do this since FR had the tubing to pull in antifreeze wire tied inside and completely out of reach. You may want to check the strainer container prior to the pump. Possibly the seal is bad or the bowl may have a crack in it. Just somewhere else to look. Good luck!
Thanks. I had already pulled that access panel with no wetness around the pump or any connections. Looked again today and it looks like the inlet hose runs around the tank and enters at the top right next to the overflow hose.

So, it looks like the leak must be in the tank itself. Since the leak is so slow, I am not worried about the loss of water but worry that the moisture will rot the plywood base the tank sits on!

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, leak, tank, water, water tank