Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #1

Fresh water tank overflow

Front toilet floor leaks
I Have 2007 Georgetown 370TS. I fill the fresh water tank until it overflows on right side by propane tank. I then find water leaking on the floor in the area of the front toilet and refrigerator. This continues until I use some of the water out of the fresh water tank to lower its level. I thought the overflow by the propane tank would handle this. Is there an overflow pipe or something above the water tank that allows this leakage? Thanks, Elmer
elmerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #2

Sounds like the vent pipe may have separated at the tank, letting water run out of it at the same time it's running out of the overflow.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjb View Post
Sounds like the vent pipe may have separated at the tank, letting water run out of it at the same time it's running out of the overflow.
Or

the fresh water overflow tube that drains below the rig is clogged with road dirt. It is the one that has a black mesh taped to the end of the tube. Take a look an see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	28048  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #4

The other question I have is why do you fill your frsh water tank that way? Why don't you fill until it hits the full light then stop. Yes it takes a little more effort but you will not build up excessive pressure in the lines like you found out.
Does anyone else fill your fresh water tank this way? Just curious.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I have a 2007 370 as well and the only vent I know of is the white pool type tubing with the black mesh on it. If there was another vent we wouldn't have the syphon effect if you don't close off the tube with the mesh on the end when traveling. Since the fresh water tank is below the floor and the leak reported is above the floor, there needs to be another source for this leak. Water doesn't flow uphill unless it's under pressure. It would have to be coming from either the toilet or sink in the powder room or the kitchen sink. The other possibility and most likely is the drain off the refrigerator. Have you checked the back of the refrigerator to see if the drain is still in line to drip out the grille? It could be that tube which gets brittle after a while could be leaking inside. I replaced mine with a reinforced vinyl because mine crubbled. Since the size of the leak wasn't explained I would start here.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #6

I have a 370 bath and 1/2 and found the water inlet to the toilets loose which cause a wet floor. Check this when you have the pump on or fresh water hooked up.
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #7

The leak is just a small one which seems to be around the front toilet area. I will have all checked. I suspect it is a loose connection or cracked fitting. thanks to all.
Elmer
elmerg is offline   Reply With Quote