Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #11

I think when I open up the pump valve I'm going to find some garbage left over from the inside of the water tank.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
I think when I open up the pump valve I'm going to find some garbage left over from the inside of the water tank.
Yup!

Old 11-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I just sent them an email to Shurflo about the symptoms and asked them what they would suggest.
We will keep you posted
UPDATE 11/17/12
FedEx delivered a brand new pump assemble to me.
It is the complete other end of the motor excluding the filter assembly
That was nice of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMP 007.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	21613  

Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378 View Post
Glad you found your problem. I never used my water tank and pump yet because we are always on city water but I have my tank filled half way but my panel inside says empty.
I would empty the fresh water tank, if you do not use, you are carrying a lot of weight. Most important, depending how long the water has been in the tank, you might be fostering growth of bacteria that would be harmful if ingested. Just a thought, I empty my tank after each trip and refill with fresh before I start out, for flushing or washing hands and dishes till on city water.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
I would empty the fresh water tank, if you do not use, you are carrying a lot of weight. Most important, depending how long the water has been in the tank, you might be fostering growth of bacteria that would be harmful if ingested. Just a thought, I empty my tank after each trip and refill with fresh before I start out, for flushing or washing hands and dishes till on city water.

YES.. No one should leave water sitting for any period of time without using. Dump and flush regularly.

I only fill the fresh water up to the first sensor for toilet use while on the road trips. When not needed yes I fully dump. When I'm ready to go again I sometimes add 1/2 cup of bleech over night and run thru the system piping to kill anything that might me growning . And flush tank again.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #16

Fresh Water Tank

We have a Salem Cruise Lite. Bought in 2012. Just took our for first camp and the fresh water tank started draining. New to having water and thought we had hooked up wrong -- but how can you with a note saying "City Water Connection" . Anyway took to dealer and said nothing wrong with check valve ...so now what? Googled "fresh water tank" and came to this site. Felt so much better after reading. Printed off and took to dealer who will replace valve anyway. Yeah! Thank you so much.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMITH04 View Post
We have a Salem Cruise Lite. Bought in 2012. Just took our for first camp and the fresh water tank started draining. New to having water and thought we had hooked up wrong -- but how can you with a note saying "City Water Connection" . Anyway took to dealer and said nothing wrong with check valve ...so now what? Googled "fresh water tank" and came to this site. Felt so much better after reading. Printed off and took to dealer who will replace valve anyway. Yeah! Thank you so much.
? Fresh water started draining?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMITH04
Sounds like you were using water from FW tank, was pump allowed to operate? City hose conneced but unused?
Others had mislabled connection, including "black tank flush" trace your connections first. Maybe FW was overflowing? Question is why, check fills first.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #19

Fresh Water Tank

Yep, just started pouring out. The local dealer replaced the check valve today. Still under warranty. Everything working again.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Sounds like his check valve was defective also, allowing water to fill the fresh water tank and come out the overflow. If Iggy had not caught his, it would have done the same thing.

awwall is offline   Reply With Quote