Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
I think when I open up the pump valve I'm going to find some garbage left over from the inside of the water tank.
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
I think when I open up the pump valve I'm going to find some garbage left over from the inside of the water tank.
Yup!
__________________

__________________
VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I just sent them an email to Shurflo about the symptoms and asked them what they would suggest.
We will keep you posted
UPDATE 11/17/12
FedEx delivered a brand new pump assemble to me.
It is the complete other end of the motor excluding the filter assembly
That was nice of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMP 007.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	21613  
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
copsuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greer, SC
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378 View Post
Glad you found your problem. I never used my water tank and pump yet because we are always on city water but I have my tank filled half way but my panel inside says empty.
I would empty the fresh water tank, if you do not use, you are carrying a lot of weight. Most important, depending how long the water has been in the tank, you might be fostering growth of bacteria that would be harmful if ingested. Just a thought, I empty my tank after each trip and refill with fresh before I start out, for flushing or washing hands and dishes till on city water.
__________________
Logic will carry you from point A to point B. Imagination will carry you everywhere. "Albert Einstein". 2011 Georgetown 360, Bride of 45yrs, and 2014 Chev Equinox toad, what more could you ask for.
copsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
I would empty the fresh water tank, if you do not use, you are carrying a lot of weight. Most important, depending how long the water has been in the tank, you might be fostering growth of bacteria that would be harmful if ingested. Just a thought, I empty my tank after each trip and refill with fresh before I start out, for flushing or washing hands and dishes till on city water.

YES.. No one should leave water sitting for any period of time without using. Dump and flush regularly.

I only fill the fresh water up to the first sensor for toilet use while on the road trips. When not needed yes I fully dump. When I'm ready to go again I sometimes add 1/2 cup of bleech over night and run thru the system piping to kill anything that might me growning . And flush tank again.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Fresh Water Tank

We have a Salem Cruise Lite. Bought in 2012. Just took our for first camp and the fresh water tank started draining. New to having water and thought we had hooked up wrong -- but how can you with a note saying "City Water Connection" . Anyway took to dealer and said nothing wrong with check valve ...so now what? Googled "fresh water tank" and came to this site. Felt so much better after reading. Printed off and took to dealer who will replace valve anyway. Yeah! Thank you so much.
__________________
JSMITH04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMITH04 View Post
We have a Salem Cruise Lite. Bought in 2012. Just took our for first camp and the fresh water tank started draining. New to having water and thought we had hooked up wrong -- but how can you with a note saying "City Water Connection" . Anyway took to dealer and said nothing wrong with check valve ...so now what? Googled "fresh water tank" and came to this site. Felt so much better after reading. Printed off and took to dealer who will replace valve anyway. Yeah! Thank you so much.
? Fresh water started draining?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMITH04
We have a Salem Cruise Lite. Bought in 2012. Just took our for first camp and the fresh water tank started draining. New to having water and thought we had hooked up wrong -- but how can you with a note saying "City Water Connection" . Anyway took to dealer and said nothing wrong with check valve ...so now what? Googled "fresh water tank" and came to this site. Felt so much better after reading. Printed off and took to dealer who will replace valve anyway. Yeah! Thank you so much.
Sounds like you were using water from FW tank, was pump allowed to operate? City hose conneced but unused?
Others had mislabled connection, including "black tank flush" trace your connections first. Maybe FW was overflowing? Question is why, check fills first.
__________________
VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Fresh Water Tank

Yep, just started pouring out. The local dealer replaced the check valve today. Still under warranty. Everything working again.
__________________
JSMITH04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
Sounds like his check valve was defective also, allowing water to fill the fresh water tank and come out the overflow. If Iggy had not caught his, it would have done the same thing.
__________________

__________________
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2015 Ford Focus/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.