Old 10-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #1

fridge problems

My fridge wasn't getting cold because the fan wasn't working. I replaced the fan thermostat and now the fan works. There is a clicking noise heard repeatedly about every second and my fridge is not getting cold. I have had it turned on for about 4 hours now and still showing above 60 degrees. The clicking noise is also sounding when the fridge is on propane. What is making the clicking noise and why is it? The system is warm from the burners. The fan was working when on propane and while it was hot enough to activate the thermal switch then cool down. The clicking persists. Is there anybody out there who might know what is making the noise and what should I do to get the fridge cooled down?

pr_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #2

The click is the gas trying to work. Is the gas on? The system is looking for gas.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgahlhoff View Post
The click is the gas trying to work. Is the gas on? The system is looking for gas.
The gas is on and the burner is running on gas. I believe you think the clicking is the igniter for the gas. Sorry, it's not. The fridge was working fine with the exception of the cooling fan thermistat. (I connecter the 2 wires on the thermostat disc to get the fan running as soon as the fridge is turned on). It worked good that way but the fan was running all the time until I turned the fridge OFF about 2 weeks ago untyil today after I installed a new thermostat disc. now the fan works when the piping gets hot. The clicking noise started when on electric or gas and the fridge didn't get cold at all.
pr_dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge