Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Fridge won't light on propane

I have a Dometic RM3962 fridge, and it won't light on propane, in our 2008 315DS. I was able to cool it down to 40 when I was connected to shore power at home while I was cooling it down and loading, but now that I am out at the campground it won't stay cool on propane. Only shows 56 as the temp from the digital readout, and we have had it propane fed since arrival last night.

I have checked to see if there is a blue flame on the backside, and I didn't see anything, even when removing the shield. I have gone through all the troubleshooting tips in the manuals, to no avail. I can hear the clicking that the burner is trying to ignite, but it does not.

Any help is appreciated, and the other propane appliances work fine. TIA!

jhughes3281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Have you tried bleeding the line or checking at the controls to see if you have propane coming to the fridge?

"If everything seems to be going well, look around, you've obviously overlooked something."
Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
I did check the manual shut off valve, and I can hear the propane flowing.

I got it to work however, and quite frankly I think it was operator error. Thanks for the help regardless.
jhughes3281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
There's been all kinds of threads about making sure the fridge is kept as close to level for proper operation, but...............

No one ever comments on whether the fridge is level when the rig is parked between trips. RV fridges can be a troublesome lot if uneven significantly, even when not running.

Don't ask me how I know.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote