Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #1

Question Frigidaire household refrigerator

My husband and I just took possession of a 2014 Georgetown 360. It is beautiful and we are currently traveling home from the dealership.While we are driving I have the inverter turned on but when we stop for the night I turn it off since we are plugged in to power. Last night when we stopped and he put the levelers in the manual mode the computer said "low voltage. They worked in auto mode. Is this a coincidence or is something not working properly?
Sbryant
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #2

I was told that the engine had to be on while using the levelers.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #3

Thanks for your quick response. We have so much to learn about this new coach even tho its our 3rd motor home. He said he figured out that the engine had to be running, but the levelers will still not work in the manual mode.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #4

Do the levelers work in manual mode with the inverter(converter?) turned on?

Not sure I understand question fully but some items do require 12V battery power even when you plugged into a power source so you may need to have converter turned on so battery charges and has power even when plugged in.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #5

I haven't tried manual mode in ours. Not even sure how it works, but will consult the manual. It's kind of strange since the buttons are front, back, and sides. I would have thought they would be front/left front/right, etc.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #6

I am a firm believer that people who build rv's don't use them so their logic is not the same as an rv'r. We do know that the engine has to be cranked for the levelers to work. Right now we're just in a learning stage. Trying to put together a system that works got us (habit) of how to close up shop to move. Even we've taken two nights to get home, everyday is a learning day.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Fyi when leveling in manual ALWAYS level side to side first then fron to rear.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I haven't tried manual mode in ours. Not even sure how it works, but will consult the manual. It's kind of strange since the buttons are front, back, and sides. I would have thought they would be front/left front/right, etc.
Your levellers always work in tandem ie; front= both front, back=both back, left=both left and right=both right. That's the way the lippert system is designed. It's possibly so you wont torque the chassis excessively. I believe the manual says to level front to back and then left to right in manual. I don't necessarily follow their recommendation and may do the opposite. Go ahead and try manual mode, you might like it better and it could be quicker. You can't hurt it.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Your levellers always work in tandem ie; front= both front, back=both back, left=both left and right=both right. That's the way the lippert system is designed. It's possibly so you wont torque the chassis excessively. I believe the manual says to level front to back and then left to right in manual. I don't necessarily follow their recommendation and may do the opposite. Go ahead and try manual mode, you might like it better and it could be quicker. You can't hurt it.
You could be right on what the manual says ie: front to back then side to side.

But you should always level side to side first and then the front to back is eaiser.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #10

Thanks for the tips. I don't mean to hijack the OPs thread, but I do have a couple more questions. Where do you guys recommend to install a bubble level to do the manual level? Also, what do you guys suggest for long term storage...levelers down or let it rest on the tires. And yet another question. Before doing the cheap handling fix in the front, when I did the auto level, all tires would touch the ground. Now, on the exact same spot, both front tires come off the ground about 1/2". Not sure if that's safe as you can feel the front end wobble a tiny bit.

Tags
refrigerator