Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #21
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
40 to nashville, then 24 to 75 into atlanta. You didn't say where in georgia you were going so you may be able to drop south sooner. Ark roads used to suck badly. Maybe they don't anymore. Somebody will let you know soon enough. Climbing into flagstaff and out of grant and alberquerce Were the hardest pulls it seemed. Early morning thru the mojave worked well for me. After albquerce the drive is relatively flat as it were.
Thanks - you read my mind...I"ve been wondering where to do the drop. We're going to Evans/Martinez area...
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #22
Happy Member

Thanks for all the CG tips, we're jotting them down. it's best to have too much info than not enough. this way we can have plenty of "Plan B's" and having fun.

We like all CG's Full hook-ups, dry, dirt, gravel, beach, grass etc..we live and learn so if we don't like something we just don't it again (but having kids, well let them experience). for us is a life changing trip as we are moving there to be closer to family on the eastern states (grandma, uncles, cousins, etc)

any windy areas I need to be concern with? like someone mentioned Mojave and I'm very familiar with that so the trick is to leave early morning to avoid xwinds.

Any tips on windy roads I need to be aware of
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #23
phat phrog stunt crew

When traveling thru nashville, stay in the center lane. That way, when 40 splits into 24 you will be in the correct lane. Punch up mapquest or an interstate map of nashville and you will see what I mean. There is a route on the southeast side of memphis, can't think of it off hand, but it was a good running 4 lane/2 lane road. It runs in a general southeasterly direction.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
No it doesn't. It splits west of Pecos, I 20 goes through Ft Worth. Good catch

Last Fall I took I-20 instead of I-10 to avoid San Antonio, Houston and Baton Rouge on the way to Fla - much better! But, the RV parks in and around Pacos, etc are loaded with oil workers, nice folks but a bit intense.