Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #21

Take a few pics of your tires and send those to her. I would guess that they will send you a check to replace them.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #22

The way she sounded, I think they will as well.
Got a drive out price with two front tires and alignment of $1013.00
Set up for Thursday morning

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #23

Got the front end aligned today, left front was toed in 1"
had to replace the front tires and now it drives like it should, the difference is night and day. I could not believe the difference in handling
The steering wheel is correct now also

emailed the receipts and pictures to April, so hopefullly she can help me get the tire replacement cost covered as well.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 08-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #24

Alignment

Wow, 1".
Mine was 1/2" and it drove bad. I can only imagine.
One would think Forrest River would advise new Motorhome buyers to check and have the front end aligned. It would be cheaper in the long run.
We are not the only ones that have had issues with the front end.
This is our first motorhome and we are loving it.
Good luck on tire reimbursement.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #25

No, we are by far not the only ones with the aligment problems. The shop I went to yesterday said they get a lot of Georgetowns in from a local dealership to get aligned, difference is, this dealership does it 'before' they turn it over to the customer.
FR may already be taking this back to Ford for reimbursement, if not they should be or at least ensure Ford does it before it leaves the factory....save ALL parties concerend in the long run.

I will say this, if someone plans to get a Georgetown ask the dealer about the front end alignment and have it checked. Look at the front tires at the dealership, since they are driven from the factory they may show some wear dependent on the distance driven. Take it for a test drive, see if you can feel the sway or waggle.

We are very happy with our coach and love every trip we take in it. Once we get the bugs worked out, we will enjoy many many miles in it.

Forest River, in my opinion, DOES stand behind their product and will take care of any issues as needed.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #26

Alignment

I contacted Ford Motorhome division a couple of months ago. They tell me they ship all of their bare chassis with the front end properly aligned. Their went on to say anytime a motorhome is attached to a bare chassis that doing so puts weight on different parts of the frame causing it to be off some or a lot with the alignment. They inform all motorhome manufacturers to do a post alignment on the unit after it is built because of this.
Ford understood this issue, has heard it before and advised me to contact my dealer or Forrest River and they would take care of it. And my dealer did. He didn't ask any question, he just told me to have it aligned and send him the bill and he would have Forrest River reimburse me. They did.
I am very happy with my unit and have not given my choice of buying one a second thought.
Our next trip is to Mills Creek in Canton.
It has been a pleasure talking with you.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #27

Mills Creek

Just looked up Mills Creek, pretty nice looking place.

I wouldn't buy anything but Forest River from now on.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 08-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #28

We bought our Georgetown 378XL from MHSRV in January and I had to take it to Ray's Champion Spring in Fort Worth within the first month for alignment and centering of the steering wheel. Forest River reimbursed me the 238.00 dollars I spent. I talked to the FR rep and he said all of them are in alignment when they leave the plant, but, they have no control on what the driver hits on his way to deliver the vehicle.
Our Georgetown had 1200 miles on it from the drive down from the Forest River plant.
I wasn't real happy to spend the money we spent and then have to do the leg work to get the alignment taken care of, but, we love our George and have put about 3600 miles on it so far.
Buster
Buster Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Foster View Post
We bought our Georgetown 378XL from MHSRV in January and I had to take it to Ray's Champion Spring in Fort Worth within the first month for alignment and centering of the steering wheel. Forest River reimbursed me the 238.00 dollars I spent. I talked to the FR rep and he said all of them are in alignment when they leave the plant, but, they have no control on what the driver hits on his way to deliver the vehicle.
Our Georgetown had 1200 miles on it from the drive down from the Forest River plant.
I wasn't real happy to spend the money we spent and then have to do the leg work to get the alignment taken care of, but, we love our George and have put about 3600 miles on it so far.
Buster

We have a hair over 3900 on ours, love every minute of it. Bought it from the same place in May, good dealership in my book. MHSRV is good with service after the sale as well, at least for us they have been.

I, like you, was not happy about having to take care of the alignment myself, but Forest River is taking care of the $$, so I am happy about that.
As far as being aligned when they leave the factory, maybe so.....but the drivers must drive them on railroad tracks and take them offroading getting them to the dealer.

Looks like there are a few Georgetown owners in North Central Texas

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 08-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post

We have a hair over 3900 on ours, love every minute of it. Bought it from the same place in May, good dealership in my book. MHSRV is good with service after the sale as well, at least for us they have been.

I, like you, was not happy about having to take care of the alignment myself, but Forest River is taking care of the $$, so I am happy about that.
As far as being aligned when they leave the factory, maybe so.....but the drivers must drive them on railroad tracks and take them offroading getting them to the dealer.

Looks like there are a few Georgetown owners in North Central Texas
We really liked the no pressure sales at MHSRV. we would go drive the golf carts around and get in all the motor homes for a couple of months before deciding the 378 was what we wanted.
We thought the whole process and everyone we dealt with was topnotch!
We pulled a fifth wheel the last ten years and do a lot of camping but we are zeroing in on retirement and were ready to try the open road. I really appreciate pulling in and hitting the self-leveling system!
Buster Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #31

There is definately no pressure at MHSRV, one of the main reasons we go there. If you have a question about anything, there is someone there with an answer. We had a great salesman, when we were ready, he set aside his entire day just to take care of us. That dealership has grown considerably from our first purchase there in 06. The service department is way above the 'norm' as well.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #32

anyone have the direct number to FR? I just picked my 2013 351DS and while it drives okay, the wheel isn't centered. Messes with my head!
pkhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #33

Steering wheel not centered

You may want to read this entire thread or other threads on wheel alignment. A lot of motorhomes need to be aligned after driving off the dealer lot. After properly aligning the front end the steering wheel should then be centered. Mine was like what you described. Forrest river does reimburse you on new motorhomes for the first three months. Contact your dealer. Do it before your front tires are ruined.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhill View Post
anyone have the direct number to FR? I just picked my 2013 351DS and while it drives okay, the wheel isn't centered. Messes with my head!
Dittos from our end. We took delivery on our new 351 last weekend. It handles very well, I'm very very pleased with the handling, but I did notice the steering wheel is off by about 10 degrees or so. And yet, the coach does not pull to one side or the other, AT ALL. But, given the steering wheel not being centered, I'm contacting the dealer this week to check on aligning before we log many miles on it.
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #35
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS

How did you do with this issue. We purchased the same unit and would like to know if they helped you.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment