Old 12-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #1

Front end ride

We have a '14 360. Question: what is the Quick Easy Fix for a better front end ride involving the sway bar?

Old 01-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #2

Both front and rear sway bars have two holes in each end where they are connected to the frame. The factory uses the hole at the very end of the bar. You can reduce sway by moving the bolt from the end hole to the second hole in. You may have to use a jack to raise up the end of the bar to get the bolt into the second hole as I did on one side of my front bar. The whole job took me about 45 min for front and back. Very simple. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #3

There are some things to check and some to improve. Make sure your tire pressure is as suggested. Your wheel alignment may be off. You can improve the front end sway by making the sway bar tighter (as described by Rmexline). Part of the sway you are experiencing could be related to the rear end. Our coaches have a LOT of rear end. You can install sway control such as TigerTrak by Blue Ox or similar to reduce or eliminate the sway.

We've done everything but the wheel alignment. I'm going to contact FR this coming up spring to get ours aligned. It rides pretty good, but due to what others have been experiencing, I don't have a warm fuzzy that it is within specs. Tires are expensive and we don't want premature wear due to a bad alignment.

Drive safe and log some miles in it. The more you drive it the better you get at predicting corrections for wind, passing trucks, etc.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Retired Ford Tech

We have a 2008 350 ts and when we picked it up in Nov 2007, I noticed the steering wheel was off center. After it had 1500 miles on it I saw that the front tires were feathered. I set the toe, and the wheel centered up and the tires now have 19,500 miles and are fine. The dealer stated in their prep that if the alignment is required, it has to be done before the coach leaves the lot. I pretty sure the policy has been changed. But make note of the steering wheel while traveling straight down the road.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #5

Yes, our front end was not aligned correctly so we had it realigned and sent the bill to FR. This was 5 days after we brought it home from dealership (Tampa to MS). Based on some of what we had read on this forum figured FR would be happier paying for realignment than new tires.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #6

That's good to know that your rig is aligned. Do the CHF (cheap handling fix) and if you can do the TigerTrak (even though I'm not happy with Blue Ox because they did not get back with me after I told them the kit did not fit and I had to some fab to make it fit) do the rear with something similar. You'll notice a big difference in driving. The only issue I have with the CHF is that your front wheels will be most likely be off the ground every time you level your rig. That is due to the need of longer sway bar links. No big deal, it you're okay with your front wheels being off the ground. Cheers, and happy trails.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #7

I did the "Cheep Handling Fix", front and rear a couple of yrs. ago on our 2012 360 (bought in 2011).
One of the BEST and easiest free DIY I've ever done.

Really couldn't believe the improvement.
Our front wheels don't come off the ground.

ab&jb