Originally Posted by blightle
The problem with the front curtains (at least in my RV) was that the eyelets (or whatever you call them) that slide along the track are too tight. I took an flat blade screwdriver and expanded the ones that seemed to "drag" along the track and now everything zips along the track very freely.
That being said, I still removed the curtains that cover the front windshield and instead cut out two sections of reflective foil window shade material and I place that in the front windshield and just use the curtains on the sides. Total privacy. Bought the reflective windshield material at Camping World for $20. One large roll was enough to do the entire front windshield.
We bought an 02 that had been sitting in the sun for two years so the curtains were sunrotted. I made new ones using the top tape from the old ones. I used ironing board cover fabric as curtain liner. It is soft, lightweight, sun/heat reflective and opaque so blocks cold and light as well. It is really easy to sew on too. Available at most any good fabric store for about @$8. yd. and I think I used about 6 yards.