Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
Casper

Front seat table

Thinking about installing a small round table between the front seat in my Georgetown 328 TS. Anyone have thoughts on doing this upgrade.
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I've seen a table between the driver and passenger seat on a few models. In those cases, the floor plan makes sense that a small table would work.

I've seen a parts kit available at Camping World. It includes the post, the part for the underside of the table, and either a raised mount or recessed mount for the floor. The raised mount would be easiest as long as you don't mind stepping over it when the table is not in position. Flush mounting the bracket means special tools to drill into the floor, and make sure you DON'T drill into anything beneath the floor.

It's still up to you to provide the actual table surface.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:18 PM   #3

We have a 2014 Georgetown XL black diamond series. We made a small table between driver/passenger seats. The tile was very hard to drill through to put the pipe seating to the floor. Broke 6-8 drill bits. But got her done.
Cardinal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #4

We also have the 328TS. Instead of installing a table we simply purchased a small end table from IKEA to use between the front seats. The table easily stores on the sofa during travel and is easily moved if we needed.

In addition we also removed the chair behind the passenger seat which allows the seat to turn all of the way around for watching TV and provides additional space.

Seems, to us at least, a much better arrangement.

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:49 AM   #5

I noticed that the new models have a table so I just ordered the table from my dealer and installed it myself. Worked like a charm.
Preadus is offline   Reply With Quote