Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Wildland Firefighter

Front suspension

I was wondering if anyone has ever put air bags on a GT front end. Love to hear about it if anyone has. Looking for a smoother ride. Not sure if these would help or not. We have an 09 357qs Thanks, Gordon
Gordon and Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #2

Before spending any money search the "Cheap Handling Fix" or CHF, take the few minutes to do it and your handling will greatly improve. If your looking for just a smoother ride, good luck. These are just big bread boxes on a heavy duty truck frame. JMHO.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #3

When you say "smoother ride" are you referring to how it handles as far as steering or how bumpy it is?
Old 06-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I installed a set on the front and rear to help control the rocking when being passed by a tractor trailer. This was long before the cheap fix was posted. I've since done that as well. The air bags helped to make the rocking less severe and the cheap fix felt like it made steering better. I installed the Firestone brand air springs. As for a smooth ride, remember it's built on a truck chassis.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
Wildland Firefighter

I was looking for a smoother ride. Ours tends to rattle the dash. I did the suspension mod and like what that did. Handling and sway was not too much of an issue and now is not at all. But the chattering has made our stereo not work at all and playing a cd is pointless. Ours came with a Jensen with the pop up screen for the rear and side view cameras. Our 99 Allegro rode like a Cadillac and it had front air bags. I know there's a difference of suspension. But I was just thinking of a possible way to tone down the harshness of even the most regular roads.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
Wildland Firefighter

Also the tires and shocks are all in fine shape. No worries there.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon and Dawn View Post
I was looking for a smoother ride. Ours tends to rattle the dash. I did the suspension mod and like what that did. Handling and sway was not too much of an issue and now is not at all. But the chattering has made our stereo not work at all and playing a cd is pointless. Ours came with a Jensen with the pop up screen for the rear and side view cameras. Our 99 Allegro rode like a Cadillac and it had front air bags. I know there's a difference of suspension. But I was just thinking of a possible way to tone down the harshness of even the most regular roads.
Get a set of Koni FSD shocks. You won't regret it.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
Wildland Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Get a set of Koni FSD shocks. You won't regret it.
Thanks Al. I'll certainly look into that. It needs something.

Tags
suspension