Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
WSW

Front TV Removal

Has anyone taken out that huge 27 inch television from the front of their 370XL. I took the front wood trim off and have a nice steel cage to bolt a nice flat screen to but want to take out the old tv. The top is well above the roof and it looks like the steel cage has to come out. My quick solution is to take a dremel and cut it into pieces, but wonder if anyone has a better idea.
WSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #2

I would like to know the same answer. Also...pictures....

Thanks

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
WSW

The saga of the TV. I took off the front wood cover with the four screws. The top of the tv is sitting above the padded roof level, so tv will not come forward. Tried to move it around some. No luck. TV will not budge. Though I might could get it loose by jiggling it hard and tilt it back. No luck. Went for a pair of pliers, channel locks, and a long screwdriver. Started at the plastic trim around the tube and broke it out a piece at a time. Had to take the trim out including the speakers and all the buttons at the bottom. This left me looking a tv tube still attached at four corners. Used Channel Locks and broke the plastic trim the tube was attached to. This set the tube down and I could pull it out of the front. (Forgot to unplug the power box for the cable so got a good shock when I clipped that wire to get the tube out). Yay tube came out. Then still had to get the case out. Thought the big part was over, not by a long shot. That case came out a piece at a time. Got to the bottom plastic piece that was screwed in from the bottom of the metal box into the tv. The only way to get it unscrewed was to drop the padded case out from around the box. Broke that out with big screw driver. Now I have a big square steel box perfect to attach a new TV to. Went to Home Depot got some 2"X1/8X48 inch angle iron, measured it to put it on the left and right side of the steel cage. Screwed it in with self tapping screws. Just enough room to mount a 2x10 across the frame to attach my tv bracket to. Thinking about cutting a half inch off each door to get a 39 inch tv in the opening, otherwise stuck with 32" or a 37" if you can find one. Working on the back tv next. All in all it took about 2 hours to break that tv out piece by piece. (Thank goodness I broke nothing doing all this.)
Old 01-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
WSW

I know that there has to be an easier way to do it, but I studied and studied and this East KY boy just could not figure it out. Figured big tools would always do the job.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #5

Well, that's my answer. Looks like mine will stay up there as long as it still works!

Bill.

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote