Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #1

Front window shade

Has anyone else had a problem with front motorized shade? While in Florida in February, ours wouldn't come down. We searched and phoned and finally found the reset switch, but the shade would not come back down. Thank God it was in the "up" position and not the "down" position Don't know what we would've done then.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #2

We haven't had up/down problems but the screws that hold the assembly keep coming off. I need to apply epoxy to the screws and reinstall them.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #3

We had a problem with our front power shape would only go halfway up it would go back down. Called the Schade company and they sent me a sheet on how to reset the upper and lower limits. But could not find the learn button on the shade controller. So I slowly wound the shade to the full up position which took some time because it's geared very low and lo and behold push the down button on the dash in the shade went all the way down but the shade up on the dash it went all the way up don't know what occurred in between but it seems to be working fine now. Tried to call Forest River but all the phones were down so will call them sometime this week just to find out where the shade controller learn button is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Dud360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #4

The learn button on ours was tucked in the upper left side trim of the windshield. All the way at the top

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #5

Take a look at this thread and follow the links.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...use-60067.html
I fixed ours with a trip to Radio Shack for a $11 soldering iron.
5-Piece Basic Soldering Set - Soldering Gun & Tool Set | RadioShack

ab&jb
Old 07-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #6

Dud360: Our reset button is on the upper left side of the windshield, but hubby had to remove the molding to find it.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju View Post
Dud360: Our reset button is on the upper left side of the windshield, but hubby had to remove the molding to find it.
Go online to MCD.com, there's lots of troubleshooting and adjustment info there.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:45 AM   #8

I had a similar situation this past weekend. When took it down and then tried to raise it, it wouldn't go up all the way.

My sister had pull down the shade manually about a foot and didn't tell me until she saw me messing with it.

I had to manually go from behind and slowly rolled the shade up by turning the roll of shade that was already rolled up. Once rolled up all the way, I then used the button to roll it all the way down and rolled it all the way up and all was well.
sithc is offline   Reply With Quote