Old 08-21-2015, 07:50 AM   #1

Front windshield seal

Hello fellow Georgetown owners. I was wondering if anyone has experienced leaks around the front windshield? I am, a small one. I noticed what appears to be a breakdown of the seal around the windshield. Not sure of the cause. Sun,heat or ultraviolet rays. Input is much appreciated.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:46 AM   #2
ME

I have not had any problems but a few who have and let it go causes huge problems down the line if it rusts frame. Depending on how old your coach is if under warranty get it fixed OR call around to a few auto glass repair shops most will travel to your rig and remount glass

Old 08-21-2015, 09:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdg384 View Post
hello fellow georgetown owners. I was wondering if anyone has experienced leaks around the front windshield? I am, a small one. I noticed what appears to be a breakdown of the seal around the windshield. Not sure of the cause. Sun,heat or ultraviolet rays. Input is much appreciated.
2015 fr georgetown
Old 08-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #4

I have a 335DS no leaks at windshield but i just had a auto glass company send a tech out to re caulk my windshield. However i just fixed a leak in the back corner driver side, water was coming into the area behind the electrical breaker panel. Turned out to be coming in from corner of roof, area beside the trim piece where caulking had failed. Have read on here many posts from other GT owners having leaks from roof. So I got some EternaBond Tape and covered all 4 corners over the trim piece from top over the round side down to the drip rail. This tape is guaranteed not to leak for 25 years, sticks like nothing else and real tough to take off. When i did this i found the seal at the front passenger corner just about to fail as well. So 2 corners failing, so did all 4 while i was at it. Next will be to cover all seams on the roof with this tape. Also others have posted about water getting in around the recessed lights at the top of both front and back end caps. So I have added more silicone caulk around those, suggest you do this as well. Water leaks are the enemy on any rv, so find the source and fix as fast as possible.
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:49 PM   #5

I have a 335 aso and I had to recaulk around the windshield. Somewhere on either corner was a leak that hasn't since.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:07 PM   #6

had a pesky small leak. Tied caulking around seal and marker lights with silicone twice, still leaked. A friend told me about a liquid silicone availble at auto parts stores. I goes on like water, drips into the seal and hardens. It works.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:26 PM   #7

Had a small leak around the windshield and had it fixed at the rally. All the tech did was caulk around the black seal both top and bottom of the seal. So far it has not rained to see if 100% corrected. This is how FR corrected the leaks at the Rally.

&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote