Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Fuel mileage and another question for 357QS

Don't expect anything over 10mpg.
6-8 would be average imo.



TURBS


"Sabre owners united"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 84
Fuel mileage and another question for 357QS

We are considering buying a 2012 Georgetown 357QS, I know it's heavy and built on the truck chassis with the 22.5 inch tires and was wondering if anybody could tell me what to expect to get on average MPG.

One more question, the dealer states it's a 2012 and says so on the title but when trying to locate a value point on the NADA web site there are no 2012 357QS listed, I have to go back to a 2011 year to find any information.
__________________

__________________
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Batts-toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 727
Turbs that was pretty slick you got your answer in 3 minutes before the question was asked.

bmurph44, I can't add anything in the way of answering your questions but wanted to say Welcome to the forum from mid California.
__________________
Dale & Terri, Lulu & Tiki (our Chihuahua's), New rescue puppy Prince - Pom/Pug mix.
2013 Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7, TRD Off-Road, 4X4, Full Tow Package
2013 Wildwood T26TBSS - Sold
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts-toy View Post
Turbs that was pretty slick you got your answer in 3 minutes before the question was asked.

bmurph44, I can't add anything in the way of answering your questions but wanted to say Welcome to the forum from mid California.
Most people are good " me I'm AWESOME! " :ROFLBLACK:

TURBS


"Sabre owners united"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurph44 View Post
We are considering buying a 2012 Georgetown 357QS, I know it's heavy and built on the truck chassis with the 22.5 inch tires and was wondering if anybody could tell me what to expect to get on average MPG.

One more question, the dealer states it's a 2012 and says so on the title but when trying to locate a value point on the NADA web site there are no 2012 357QS listed, I have to go back to a 2011 year to find any information.


You are correct. It seems FR didn't build 357QS in 2012.
Tell that to the dealer but as long as the VIN # on the ownership shows 2012 it still may be a 2011.
Get them to reduce the price down another $20,000.

What state are you and how many miles does the Georgetown have on it?
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You are correct. It seems FR didn't build 357QS in 2012.
Tell that to the dealer but as long as the VIN # on the ownership shows 2012 it still may be a 2011.
Get them to reduce the price down another $20,000.
Thanks Iggy, I did mention that to the dealer and he assured me the title says its a 2012, he said they sold the unit new on May 21st 2011 plus the chassis plate shows a 2010 build date.
I'm in Illinois, the unit only has a little over 9,000 miles, they sold it new and traded back for it on a diesel pusher. The price is 83k, thats a little less than average retail on a 2011 as per NADA. The unit is loaded with some nice options.
__________________
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurph44 View Post
Thanks Iggy, I did mention that to the dealer and he assured me the title says its a 2012, he said they sold the unit new on May 21st 2011 plus the chassis plate shows a 2010 build date.
I'm in Illinois, the unit only has a little over 9,000 miles, they sold it new and traded back for it on a diesel pusher. The price is 83k, thats a little less than average retail on a 2011 as per NADA. The unit is loaded with some nice options.
I always enjoy haggling the price. Tell them $75,000 out the door price.
Leave if they don't want to deal and I bet you get a telephone call in a day to make a deal. At that point tell them the best you can do is $78,000.
Trust me they want it off their lot ASAP. They probably only gave the ones who traded it in $70,000.
Good luck whatever you do.
Iggy
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I always enjoy haggling the price. Tell them $75,000 out the door price.
Leave if they don't want to deal and I bet you get a telephone call in a day to make a deal. At that point tell them the best you can do is $78,000.
Trust me they want it off their lot ASAP. They probably only gave the ones who traded it in $70,000.
Good luck whatever you do.
Iggy
Thanks again Iggy, we're trying to trade our 2011 class C Jayco Greyhawk, he offered to trade us for 30K plus tax, prep, license and title. I'm really on the fence on this deal but am preparing to make a counter offer, they are 150 miles from us so it makes it a bit difficult.
What to do, what to do?
__________________

__________________
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mileage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.