Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #11

For $7 grand, I can buy a lot of gas! I wash mine many times a year and wax it atleast once, twice if I have the extra time! yes the full body paint looks good, but white and stickers look just fine to me. in looking at some used A`s I see no price difference in fullbody paint vs. decals!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #12

It may be different in different parts of the world. I know for a fact my used Itasca Diesel sold faster and I got my paint costs back...in fact, it was the full body paint that sold mine over one that was not, eventhough the cost on my unit was about 8 grand more...I am a big fan of full paint. It has worked well for me on 3 rigs on 5 years.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
With 2 coats of clear coat, why wax it?
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo45 View Post
With 2 coats of clear coat, why wax it?
Hey Don,
As with any paint including clear coat, its not just the beautiful shine factor. Paint will weather and can oxidize. Water spots and the sun/heat will takes its toll on paint jobs over time. A good coat of wax will help maintain the paint and prolong the life of the paint. With that said, man oh man waxing this big ole coach can kick my butt....that would be part of my exercise program when I retire here soon..( doc says lifting the Bud cans don't count )..

Cheers and Happy Camping,
Barney
Old 03-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #15

I saw models with both the partial paint and the full paint, and just preferred the look of the partial paint, but that is just my own preference. As for resale value, I tend to hold onto vehicles for a long time, so I am less concerned about that. I had my last (and only prior) RV for 19 years, and it was white with stickers, and it held up pretty well.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #16

Actually, I find that the wax seems to just attract a lot of dust. I think if you wash with the proper soap (I use dish soap) and keep the surface clean of oil and salt that the paint will out last your travel time. Bugs are the thing you really need to keep on top of..
Old 03-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #17

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by polkatronron View Post
Actually, I find that the wax seems to just attract a lot of dust. I think if you wash with the proper soap (I use dish soap) and keep the surface clean of oil and salt that the paint will out last your travel time. Bugs are the thing you really need to keep on top of..
ditto
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #18

Well I reckon thats what makes life so great, Is we can all have different opinions. To me you look around and you can easily tell who washes and waxes their vheicle be it a car, truck or RV which mostly shows signs after a few years. Waxing sure dont make em run any better, it just seems like it after its freshly cleaned..hehe

Happy Camping to you all,
Barney

The Benefits of using a Car Wax or Paint Sealant - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
Old 03-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkatronron View Post
I heard on a tv car show that you should never use dish soap to wash a vehicle. Dish soap has strong grease cutters and using it will strip off any protection you have on the paint. I use Meguiers Gold to wax my coach once a year. Makes it look great and, I feel, helps protect the finish.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote