Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #1

Full side slide malfunction

My issue is on my 2011 337DS full side slide out. When activating the switch to move the slide outward the bottom starts to move out before the top begins to move outward. This causes the kitchen cabinets to touch the floor slightly and has broken a small piece of corner trim. Is there an adjustment I can do so that everything moves together without tilting? Have the cables stretched or are they in need of replacing? Would there be a roller adjustment needed?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Marvlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #2

It does sound like it needs to be checked by someone who knows about the slide.

Are you the original owner?
Has the slide worked ok in the past?
Have you check to insure you have enough fluid in the tank?
Do you have any hose leaks?

In most cases the bottom does go out a few inches before the top moves.
It does sound like an adjustment is needed but you need to know what you are doing. Also I believe their is plastic spacers under the slides which may have moved from their location.

That is all I can tell you but I would find someone who is familiar with these slides to check and adjust if possible.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #3

Thanks Iggy. I am not the orig. owner. I have not noticed any leakage and will recheck the fluid level. (Check when fully retracted correct?). It seems to run smoothly so maybe the plastic spacer/glides have shifted as you mentioned. Good to know that the bottom moves a few inches first, that's what is happening.
I am only an hour from Elkhart so maybe someone could recommend a reputable repairman or shop there?
Old 06-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #4

Being close to Elkhart is a plus.
Yes with all slides in and levelers up the tank should be about 1/2" from the top. It uses the cheap Automatic transmission fluid (ATF) from Walmart. Regular cheap ATF as they.

Also take a look at the color of the old ATF. If it is dark red you may want to change it out over time. Should be almost clear red and able to see thru the liquid.

Will you be coming to the FROG Rally in Goshen Aug 14th?

Good luck.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:21 AM   #5

Ok I think I'll change out the fluid with fresh, probably a good idea.
Yes I would like to come to the FROG rally but could never get an answer to my question of just driving over for a day or so and taking in some of the activities. I would love to stay the week but my work doesn't allow us to do that. I'm really looking foreword to being able to take in some of those events in a couple years after retirement! We want to go "full time" then and would sure enjoy learning from others that are enjoying that now.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlab View Post
Ok I think I'll change out the fluid with fresh, probably a good idea.
Yes I would like to come to the FROG rally but could never get an answer to my question of just driving over for a day or so and taking in some of the activities. I would love to stay the week but my work doesn't allow us to do that. I'm really looking foreword to being able to take in some of those events in a couple years after retirement! We want to go "full time" then and would sure enjoy learning from others that are enjoying that now.
If you drove over to the rally you sure could come into the fairgrounds and see anyone you want or the vendors. Forest River has on display many trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes.
Now for any of the meals you will need to be registered.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #7

If I was that close to Elkhart, I would go to Forest River and have them fix it.

Tags
slide