Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Question Furnace blower

We bought a 2006 georgetown XL 326

has a winter package it says.
here is my issue i found four holes drilled from the furnace duching into the bay area. two over the Black and grey water tanks and two over the fresh water tank. The holes are about 2 inch each.

My problem is there is no air blowing out of the floor vents i found the side of the furnace has one of the punch outs gone. so i taped it closed when we were in the snow for the first trip. if i plug the four holes and the side of the furnace will this make it heat the coach better? in theary it should but i wonder if anyone has experiance this problam.

I don't find any duching plugged any where.

has anyone found this to be a problem do i need to put a bigger furnace and blower in?

We snowmobile in the winter and camp in the summer so i need heat.

Thanks for your comments.

snowman651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
First off to the Forums:
The four holes you are speaking about, are they visible from looking down the hole of the floor registers? They would be part of the Artic Package [ Winter Package ] along with heat pads that are attached to the underside of the tanks. Closing those holes won't present any issue unless you camp in the winter and there's any risk of freezing. A pice of foam rubber will work well and can be easily removed if you should need to use them. As for the hole at the furnace, closing that off will push the air through the ductwork in the floor and allow heat throughout the coach. With it open there's no way the air will flow through the ducts. Air will escape through the path of lease resistence such as that opening in the furnace. You may want to install a piece of foam rubber just passed the front and rear register so the air flows out those registers instead of relying on pressure to force it out. The ductwork travels the length of the coach. I know in my case there's 4 feet of ductwork forward of the front register with no openings. Instead of 35 feet of ductwork mine is reduced to about 30-31 ft. There are also registers with dampers available if you don't have that type to help balance out the system.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote