Old 03-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #1

Furnace Help Please

Hi All
I have a 2010 Georgetown 378XL with duel A/C units and furnaces.
The bedroom theromstat controls the entire vent heating system throughout the coach and the bedroom AC, it works grea.t
The other thermostat located by the exit door controls the main cabin AC unit but when I put that thermostat on heater all i get is a click with no other action.
No fan or heat out of the two small vents at the side of the kitchen counter. That second furnace seems to be under the stove and only seems to vent out the two small vents on the side of the kitchen counter cabinet is not working at all no heat or fan, the main furnace under the fridge with all its associated venting works fine.
Seems odd that the bedroom thermostat controls all the main vent heating and the secondary furnace with thermostat in the main cabin controls the small furnace under the stove.Thx
Bob

Old 03-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #2

That's the way the furnaces operate. Don't know why the front furnace will not function. Have you run the reprogram for the thermostat? The procedure should be in your literature. Just guessing.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #3

My suburban furnace did a single click and nothing else. I played around with all I could read. A plug and unplug of the control board got it working. Failed again later, replaced board. Still works year later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #4

Where would the control board be located?
Thx
Old 03-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #5

The click might be the igniter you are hearing, if it is a gas heater. If it clicks but does no light check the combustion chamber for mud dobbers, spiders, etc or anything that would keep the gas from igniting
Old 03-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronotte View Post
Hi All
I have a 2010 Georgetown 378XL with duel A/C units and furnaces.
The bedroom theromstat controls the entire vent heating system throughout the coach and the bedroom AC, it works grea.t
The other thermostat located by the exit door controls the main cabin AC unit but when I put that thermostat on heater all i get is a click with no other action.
No fan or heat out of the two small vents at the side of the kitchen counter. That second furnace seems to be under the stove and only seems to vent out the two small vents on the side of the kitchen counter cabinet is not working at all no heat or fan, the main furnace under the fridge with all its associated venting works fine.
Seems odd that the bedroom thermostat controls all the main vent heating and the secondary furnace with thermostat in the main cabin controls the small furnace under the stove.Thx
Bob
The curbside heater furnishes heated air to all floor registers LR to bedroom. The driver side heater furnaces for burst heating in LR only, good for catching up. The heater follows the filling sequence: first the thermostat sends a relay sig to the heater to start. Blower must start and purge the furnace and flip a "sail switch". The igniter will begin clicking and the gas valve will open. Ignition and proving flame will allow heat. If control board does not receive sig from thermostat, none of the above can happen. Yours sounds like board or blower motor failed.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #7

Where would the board be located
Thx
Bob
Old 03-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronotte View Post
Where would the board be located
Thx
Bob
The control board is inside the heater casing. Go online and find your model, there will be pics and drawings showing details of assembly. Some installations will access via plates, depends on rv construction.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #9

Even though the thermostat has a/c and heat, it may only be wired for A/C. My coach has one furnace and 2 A/C. A/C only in bedroom. When I turn on to heat( not wired), you can here contacts close. No heat because it is only A/C, not heat pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
furnace