Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #1

Unhappy furnace quits

Hi I have a Georgetown 385 and the furnace quit working all of the sudden. Where is the fuse on this please? Thanks!!!!
mike23852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 PM   #2

Not familiar with your particular unit, but the fuse should be located in your power distribution panel, which can vary in design. it probably looks something like this, or just the top half if the converter is mounted elsewhere.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #3

furnace problem - we have a 2016 forest river greywolf

Our furnace worked great all winter when we were on vacation. This morning have a problem.

The furnace turns on for about 30 seconds then shuts down.

The thermostat is in AU (auto mode) as usual when we run the furnace.
I set the temp to 20c it comes on for a few seconds then shuts down before I can feel any heat come out of the vents. I shut the thermostat down to off and wait about 30 seconds for it to reset and try again and the same thing happens.

worked awesome until this morning. I checked and we do have the propane turned on and there is fuel in the tank as the stove works good.

still under warranty
GuyThaLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
toolman_57

Same happened to us at the end of our last trip on the re a r furnace. Luckily was still under warranty. It was the air flow sensor...when the furnace first comes on the air flow sensor checks to see if the fan is running before turning on the gas. If no air flow, the furnace turns off.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman_57 View Post
Same happened to us at the end of our last trip on the re a r furnace. Luckily was still under warranty. It was the air flow sensor...when the furnace first comes on the air flow sensor checks to see if the fan is running before turning on the gas. If no air flow, the furnace turns off.
Interesting!
I removed the front grate under the oven and exposed the furnace. Then I took off the front panel of the furnace. Looked inside, couldn't see anything dusty clogged or out of the ordinary wiggled the 2 wires on the furnace, they feel secure. Then tried it again and it works.

Not sure what caused it to not work, but it is working again.
GuyThaLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #6

I believe there should be a code, via a blinking light, on the furnace mother board. Number of flashes indicate the area affected. On our old Jayco Seneca, I had to replace the mother board to fix the very problem you had. Check the codes first.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #7

I recently tested my 2 furnaces. One works great but the other like others said will start and blow air for about 20-30 seconds and shuts down. I have tried a few times with the same results.
I may have to check out that air flow sensor/sail to see if that is the case.

If anyone has any solutions that they have found please add it here so we all can learn.

I also learned by reading the manual and it says the thermostat must be turned off to reset the system.
I also added a bit about the sail switch and what it looks like.
I need to check this out.
See Picture from manual.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	101122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	101123  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #8

I also read that sometimes insects can make nests on the sail switch vane making it too heavy to open. The vanes are pretty flimsy. On my Seneca I had an air flow fault, the sail switch didn't fix it, replacing the board did. The sail switch is connected to the board, the board activates the gas igniter.

The newer furnaces may be different, lots of info on the web and youtube
Old 03-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #9

The igniter is also a flame sensor. If it does not sense the flame, it will shut down.
cbmerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #10

Iggy you mentioned 2 furnaces. We have a 351ds. Does it have two furnaces? I'm familiar with the one near the stove. Where is the other furnace located?
teamg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #11

The 378 has 2, 1 under the stove, another under the sink. The kitchen is L shaped. The sink furnace heats the rear section/bedroom of the coach
Old 03-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #12

The 352 XL, 377 XL and 378 XL have 2 furnaces
Old 03-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS396CV View Post
The 378 has 2, 1 under the stove, another under the sink. The kitchen is L shaped. The sink furnace heats the rear section/bedroom of the coach
The aft furnace heats the entire coach through the floor registers. The aft furnace is the only one that uses the floor registers.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #14

I just assumed the front one was the main one, you know what they say about assumptions, LOL. I see the front only runs 2 registers. Good to know.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #15

My question is we have propane and it is on. We were having a problem with the hot water heater but that seems to working. Now we have no heat to the furnace and the stove is not lighting. I don't even smell gas when I try to light it. Any thoughts?
sdowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:31 AM   #16

If you have propane and there is no flow to stove check the co detector if it is tripped then it will shut off the flow of propane. Must have 12v going to the switch. To check look at the propane tank and on the hose going to the MH there is a switch and it should be hot. If its cold then check the fuse to the detector. Hope this helps.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
If you have propane and there is no flow to stove check the co detector if it is tripped then it will shut off the flow of propane. Must have 12v going to the switch. To check look at the propane tank and on the hose going to the MH there is a switch and it should be hot. If its cold then check the fuse to the detector. Hope this helps.
A quick note about the safety switch.

Its NORMAL condition is on, and HOT (very hot) be careful when you touch it!

Tags
furnace