Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #1

Furnace Trouble

I have a 2013 GT 350TS with a single furnace dual zones. This morning I went to turn on the rear to warm up the bedroom and bath....and nothing!! The checked the front and it works fine. So I went again to the back and ran through the other settings to see if it could be a thermostat. All other settings work fine (AC, fan, heat strip). I cleaned out the area around the furnace, which nothing more than a little dust since it was cleaned last Fall. The operating instructions are pretty useless, so I'm stumped. It worked yesterday just fine......

Any suggestions???????
MGOBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Tim & Lisa Trempert

The front thermostat controls the furnace. The back thermostat is only hooked up to the rear A/C and has nothing to do with the furnace. Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #3

Like Trempert said, only the front stat controls the heat. Front stat controls cool/heat for the forward unit. Rear stat controls cool only for the rear unit. They should have installed a decal in the rear to help with this confusion.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #4

The dealer told me that the rear controls the furnace too.....I should have know that listening to the dealer was the wrong thing to do after the tech looked for the DVD player for nearly 45 minutes while we already knew it was in the dash.
Thanks for the clarification.......
MGOBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #5

In my Georgetown with the floor ducts I have one vent between the main area and the bedroom that has a control vent to open or close. It controls the bedroom heat. If you have the same setup that vent may be closed.
Look for one that has a little tab/arm sticking up thru the floor vent.
Good luck.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
WDK

I have a question about the HVAC....the fan never shuts off....after I reach temperature....either heat or cold, the fan just stays on. When heat or AC is needed the furnace or the AC will kick on and again when I reached the desired setting, the furnace or AC will shut off but the dan stays on....this can't be normal but I don't have a clue yet as to why?

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
I have a question about the HVAC....the fan never shuts off....after I reach temperature....either heat or cold, the fan just stays on. When heat or AC is needed the furnace or the AC will kick on and again when I reached the desired setting, the furnace or AC will shut off but the dan stays on....this can't be normal but I don't have a clue yet as to why?

WDK
You need to change the thermostat fan from low or high to AUTO.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #8
WDK

Hehe.....I found the setting since it was not really that obvious.....but I owe you a beer for getting me to look....

WDK
Old 04-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
Hehe.....I found the setting since it was not really that obvious.....but I owe you a beer for getting me to look....

WDK
Your welcome. BEER!
OK I will be at the Golden Village Palms RV Resort in Hemet just south of you between Sept 21st and 26th for a SMART RV group rally.

Iggy
Old 04-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #10
WDK

.....we will be there ......

WDK

Tags
furnace