Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
psgrandpa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere we are in our RV is home.
Posts: 259
Furniture / georgetown 378ts xl 2012

We took the air mattress bed and euro chair out. Not comfortable

We want 2 recliners...

Has anyone done this and what brand did you find to fit within the slide outs

Got most of my 40 other issues taken care of

Thanks everyone

Headed out today for a couple of weeks to take advantage of this beautiful weather
__________________

__________________
Bryan & Vonnie Marhiesen
" just us
Our son, Chad, was killed by a drunk driver in August 2008. We adopted his black lab, Pepper, who was our life saver. Pepper went to live with her Daddy in December 2014!
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Canoeing Capital of Canada
Posts: 70
We, too, are concerned about the air bed. Our couch pulls out into a bed with an air mattress. We do have to recliners across from the couch. We would like to replace the current couch with one that flips out with a regular mattress, but, they would have to be similar weight. You have a motor home, which is different. Good luck in your quest.
John
203 Windjammer 3008W
__________________

__________________
JohnBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
psgrandpa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere we are in our RV is home.
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlair
We, too, are concerned about the air bed. Our couch pulls out into a bed with an air mattress. We do have to recliners across from the couch. We would like to replace the current couch with one that flips out with a regular mattress, but, they would have to be similar weight. You have a motor home, which is different. Good luck in your quest.
John
203 Windjammer 3008W
Our air mattress will only hold air about 2 hours. When the little ones come ... They Sleep with me...grandpa has a long night airing up his bed every 2 hours,... But the little ones giggle a lot!
__________________
Bryan & Vonnie Marhiesen
" just us
Our son, Chad, was killed by a drunk driver in August 2008. We adopted his black lab, Pepper, who was our life saver. Pepper went to live with her Daddy in December 2014!
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tulsa, Okla.
Posts: 11
psgrandpa1

We replaced our couch and ero reclinder With two leather reclinders at the international rally at westside furniture in Goshen, Indiana. Ron measured and selected the closest one to my decor. It is not the top of the line and a little small for Ron but we use a footstool for his longlegs. and he can take his naps just fine. We figure that if we need to we can put a auto blow up bed if we need it. Its just us and 4 dogs so all is good. We
have a2011 Georgtown 378 XL We love it and also put daynight shades on the large window with just a drape on it and kept the drapes pulled back and it looks great. Forest River did all of this for us at the rally I think Forest River made all of the attendies forever Forest River fans.
Carolyn
(GeorgieGirl)
__________________
GeorgieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
For some reason my couch in my 2012 XL 378TS is not an air mattress but an actual hide-a-bed with a real mattress. Wonder if this was an upgrade or something?

Here is a picture of mine and you can tell the difference by the tubing used on the cushions. My DW wanted this one instead of the air matress one in the other Georgetown so I had to change my exterior color because of her wanting this couch.

Actually it is very comfortable but it still has the fake leatherette
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 108.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	19507   Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 109.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	19508  
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
psgrandpa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere we are in our RV is home.
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgieGirl
psgrandpa1

We replaced our couch and ero reclinder With two leather reclinders at the international rally at westside furniture in Goshen, Indiana. Ron measured and selected the closest one to my decor. It is not the top of the line and a little small for Ron but we use a footstool for his longlegs. and he can take his naps just fine. We figure that if we need to we can put a auto blow up bed if we need it. Its just us and 4 dogs so all is good. We
have a2011 Georgtown 378 XL We love it and also put daynight shades on the large window with just a drape on it and kept the drapes pulled back and it looks great. Forest River did all of this for us at the rally I think Forest River made all of the attendies forever Forest River fans.
Carolyn
(GeorgieGirl)
We too had day night shades put on
Window on right side... Did totally away with drapes... Had attaching valance made

Same thing in bedroom. Removed drapes added balance and also on the 2 little bedroom windows

Still looking for furniture...that will fit and look good

Thanks for response
__________________
Bryan & Vonnie Marhiesen
" just us
Our son, Chad, was killed by a drunk driver in August 2008. We adopted his black lab, Pepper, who was our life saver. Pepper went to live with her Daddy in December 2014!
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
bend302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bronston, KY
Posts: 685
We found this company while we were at the rally in Goshen.

Lambright Comfort Chairs, LLC in Topeka, IN. 260-768-4820.

They are an Amish company and will custom build chairs and or sofas that fit in RV's and I think their price includes installation. We like one that is a sofa with 2 reclining positions and basically hugs the wall. Haven't bought yet but are considering. The thing we are struggling with is the height Vs. the windows in the coach.

Since they are Amish, they don't seem to have a website.

Bill
__________________

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
Uncle AL
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Palatine, Illinois
Posts: 16
Iggy:
We have just attended the Hershey, PA RV Show and are in the process of purchasing the Georgetown 378 XL. It appears you have one and we are wondering how you like the RV? Any issues, are you happy with the product, would you purchase a different RV Line vs. the Georgetown? We have seen a number of negative comments on the forum and are concerned. Any comments would be welcome.

Thank you,

Uncle AL
__________________
Uncle AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,135
Uncle Al to the forums. We were at Hershey yesterday and ventured through the Georgetowns and most of the other Class A coaches. We purchased our coach in 2006 at Hershey from Mark Didich with Boat n RV. We ran into him yesterday as well. Not sure if he's the rep you're working with but he was really great. As for the complaints about the Georgetowns. It doesn't matter if you spend 100k or 900k every manufacturer out there has some type of issue with their coach. Remember this will be riding down the road, bouncing and rocking etc. If you compare what you get for the price, the Georgetown coaches offer more for your dollar vs. some of the better known brands. I've had a couple issues along the way but still love the 370. We loved the 378 layout and would have bought one back in 2006 but at the time we had 3 teenage daughters still traveling with us. A Bath & a Half made the most sense then. Whatever your decision, best to you and yours, enjoy it, be safe and always
__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle AL View Post
Iggy:
We have just attended the Hershey, PA RV Show and are in the process of purchasing the Georgetown 378 XL. It appears you have one and we are wondering how you like the RV? Any issues, are you happy with the product, would you purchase a different RV Line vs. the Georgetown? We have seen a number of negative comments on the forum and are concerned. Any comments would be welcome.

Thank you,

Uncle AL
I sent you a Private Message (PM) here.

Iggy
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
378ts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.