Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #1

Furrion Movies

Ok, we're not much of TV people but was camping this weekend and all it did was rain... This gave me the opportunity to try out the TVs. The soy round system & blue ray worked great on the Furrion system. What j couldn't figure out was plugging a hard drive with movies to play through the system. When I used the usb connection on the Furrion system the TV seemed to be confused. It would cycle through black screen & a menu screen. What did get to work was to plug the hard drive directly into the TV to play the movies. However in doing it this way there is no surround sound. Has anyone figured out how to play a movie on the Furrion using a portable hard drive etc?

Mr. G

2015 Forest River Georgetown 351DS
MrGrmpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Always Learning

I skipped the USB input on my TVs (non-Furrion) and opted for using a Wifi hard drive (Seagate Wireless Plus) and a Roku).

http://www.learntorv.com/2014/06/rip...-portable.html
Old 10-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #3

Not sure if yours is wired like mine, but My TV that is rear facing (near the dinette) is wired so that it can play through the surround sound speakers. I know the 351's have a different head unit than my 352, but it may be wired the same way regardless.