Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #1

Fuse Box

I bought a 2004 M370 and took down the light fixtures and painted them and when I tried to reconnect them I think I may have blown a fuse, but I can't find where it is. Can someone help me?
mjbjtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbjtb View Post
I bought a 2004 M370 and took down the light fixtures and painted them and when I tried to reconnect them I think I may have blown a fuse, but I can't find where it is. Can someone help me?
If it is a 12 volt light fixture the panel usually is where the main 120 volt panel is and circuit breakers. It should be the glass fuses and may also be close to the coach batteries inside an enclosed metal box.

Please clarify what you have done so far and what type of light fixture is it. 12 volt DC or 120 volt AC
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:17 AM   #3

I am very new to all this, being my first MH. I know that light worked fine before I disconnected the wires and the MH is not connected to a land electrical cord, so I guess it is battery powered.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:26 AM   #4

Do you think you painted the contacts where the wires hook up?
Edit: Did you unhook the wires when you painted?

ab&jb
Old 02-06-2015, 08:18 AM   #5

Did not paint them, had them wrapped in tape. I did see a spark when I was trying to reconnect, which is why I think I may have blown a fuse. The fuse box is outside by where the backup batteries are?
Old 02-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Did not paint them, had them wrapped in tape. I did see a spark when I was trying to reconnect, which is why I think I may have blown a fuse. The fuse box is outside by where the backup batteries are?
Being you have an older motorhome I can only suggest where the panels may be.
Here is a few pictures of my 12 volt DC panels and fuses are located.

Look for brown plastic panels at floor level in the rear bedroom area.

Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 151.jpg
Views:	7212
Size:	455.0 KB
ID:	69230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coco Inganni 018.jpg
Views:	5431
Size:	392.6 KB
ID:	69231   Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 150.jpg
Views:	4829
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	69232  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:55 AM   #7

Usually the fuses for the 12v interior coach lights are located in the main power panel where the breakers are located. The light circuit fuses are usually the two prong automotive type and there should be a row of them. If you are lucky each fuse should have a label. If not, you will have to pull and inspect each one until you find the blown one. It is hard to inspect wthout removing them. It will likely be a 15 amp fuse so start with them. If its bad the little silver conductor will have a gap. If you don't have a fuse puller use a needle nose pliers.

Also, if the new fuse blows like the other one did, you probably have a short. Make sure you hooked up the light properly and that the wires and connectors are not touching a ground of some sort.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:50 AM   #8

I can't find it anywhere in the interior. I opened all the hatches on the bottom of the unit and I can't find where the backup batteries are at?
Old 02-07-2015, 03:32 AM   #9

Quote:
I can't find it anywhere in the interior. I opened all the hatches on the bottom of the unit and I can't find where the backup batteries are at?
On my older Georgetown 320 the backup batteries were in the engine compartment and the main breaker/fuse box was near the floor on the bed frame. Easy to get covered by blankets hanging off the edge of the bed. Not sure if this helps but thought I'd throw it out there.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:50 PM   #10

On my 2005 and on my 2000 GT's, the batteries are under the entry steps. The fuse panel is in the brown box mounted somewhere low on the street side in the bedroom, or on the end of the bed if there's no bedroom slide.
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #11

also. make sure you have the polarity right when you hooked them back up
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:06 AM   #12

In my 2014 Georgetown, 328TS, the fuse box for all interior lights is located near the floor opposite the bed.
However, I have blown a fuse for my (4) outside storage, battery compartment, engine compartment and water/dump hookup. Can someone tell me where that fuse is located?
Donamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #13

Quote:

Can you give us an update?
Did you ever find the blown fuse?
Where was it located?
Old 05-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #14

Yes, I found the fuse for my basement lights. It is in the Battery Control Center box above the coach batteries. I found a one-page schematic with my manual that showed the wiring in the "BCC". There are 6-8 other fuses inside for other things. Of course, there are several in-line fuses above the batteries and in the engine compartment. The only one I have figured out is the 25 amp fuse to the automatic steps.
BTW, I had to pay a service call last weekend because my leveling jacks would not retract. Turns out the circuit breaker to the hydraulic pump had tripped. It is located to the left of the BCC. There is another breaker below it but don't know yet what it goes to. Paid the tech $180 to find the breaker and reset it.
I trying to learn all I can about the electrical systems in the RV but it's not easy. I wish Forest River offered more information.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #15

Yes the diagram shows the details of each fuse in the BCC.

Here is what I have.
The inline fuses from the battery are the Propane detector and the awning motor and the steps.
Al the ones in the box are as it says on the colored diagram.
The large resettable breaker to the left of the BCC will trip usually when your batteries are low and you try to use the pump. Low DC voltage will cause higher than normal amperage and will trip. This is also a way to destroy your pump motor. I only use my hydraulics when I am sure I have well charged batteries or I just plugged into campground power prior to leveling and extending the slides.
Hope this helps you and others here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coco Inganni 017.jpg
Views:	1171
Size:	463.5 KB
ID:	76501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine 035.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	76502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery_Control_Schematic.jpg
Views:	5110
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	76503  
Old 05-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #16

Thanks for the info. It probably was due to low battery charge. I also had trouble last weekend with my Onan 5.5 kw generator. We were boondocking at Keeneland race track for Derby day. My generator ran find Thursday and Friday and died Sat morning. After putting gas directly in the carburetor or waiting 2-3 hours and priming for 40 sec, it would run for about 45 min or an hour and then stop again. It had 525 hrs with only oil changes. Took to Cummins-Onan shop Friday and they just changed fuel filter and plugs. Will take in sooner for service next time.
BTW, nice schematic. Where did you get it? With my 2014 Georgetown, I received a 2009 drawing that had been Xeroxed one too many times. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV Schematic.pdf (555.2 KB, 225 views)
Old 05-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamac View Post
Thanks for the info. It probably was due to low battery charge. I also had trouble last weekend with my Onan 5.5 kw generator. We were boondocking at Keeneland race track for Derby day. My generator ran find Thursday and Friday and died Sat morning. After putting gas directly in the carburetor or waiting 2-3 hours and priming for 40 sec, it would run for about 45 min or an hour and then stop again. It had 525 hrs with only oil changes. Took to Cummins-Onan shop Friday and they just changed fuel filter and plugs. Will take in sooner for service next time.
BTW, nice schematic. Where did you get it? With my 2014 Georgetown, I received a 2009 drawing that had been Xeroxed one too many times. See attached.

545 hours and you never changed oil. WOW!
I did my first oil change at 100 hours and will do another at the end of the summer.
You have3 to take care of your toys especially if you boon dock a lot.

The drawing I picked up here in the Georgetown forum.
All you have to is ask and you shall receive.
That's what makes this place so valuable to everyone.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #18

No. I had already had (3) oil changes with a fourth on Friday. Just had not paid attention to other items, but the manual does recommend fuel filter and plugs every 500 hrs.

Tags
fuse