Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #1

Fuses

I have a 2007 Georgetown xl 370ts . . As soon as you walk in the entrance door there is a panel of switches for step lights . . Outside lights . . Isle lights and such . . . Does anyone know where fuses are for this panel . . . I have lost power to the outside light switch and the isle light switch . . . Tested all switches on the back of panel with test light and switches no longer light up when turned on .
But I cant find fuses for these switches . . . Anyone know . . ???
Matcopage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #2

Not sure your model being different from my 2013 378
But those fuses are under my steps in my house battery compartment, maybe u have same layout
gpci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #3

It's labeled Battery Control Center. If yours is the same the front cover comes off and there will be a row of fuses within.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #4

I checked all the fuses behind steps . . . Half are powered all the time and a small section is linked to when ignition is on . . . Also checked 12volt side of main fuse panel by bedroom . . . Also checked all fuses up at power distribution box . . . Next step is going to be swapping a switch I know is good to see if anything changes . . .
Thanks for your thoughts
Old 06-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcopage View Post
I checked all the fuses behind steps . . . Half are powered all the time and a small section is linked to when ignition is on . . . Also checked 12volt side of main fuse panel by bedroom . . . Also checked all fuses up at power distribution box . . . Next step is going to be swapping a switch I know is good to see if anything changes . . .
Thanks for your thoughts
Are you saying the switch it self doesn't light up or are you saying the switch doesn't turn on the light it controls? If just the switch itself not illuminating could just be the switch.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:26 PM   #6

Both . . . Switch does not light up and dosen't turn on its desired function . . . Tomorrow evening I'm going to swap switches with one I know is functioning properly and see if anything changes . . . I started to trace wires and see if I could follow back to a fuse box but lost track in the bends of all the wire loom . . And it started raining . .
Old 06-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #7

And you have pulled the cover off the battery control center box (by the coach batteries) and checked the fuses in side, correct?
Old 06-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #8

My GT is a 2012 and I haven't had to deal with those specific light switches yet but if you want I can go to my rig tomorrow and see where power comes from. Also, iggy may chime in if he knows where his fuses are for those lights if different than where said.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:05 PM   #9

Yes . . . I pulled the cover and checked all the fuses in the battery control center under steps . . Even googled a wiring diagram for that . . . Which was pretty specific and accurate . . . But nothing fused there pertain to these switches . .
Old 06-11-2019, 06:19 AM   #10

To me the only other place where fuses for the coach might be is in the coach power panel and you said you checked those fuses. Of course, it may not be a fuse issue but a wire issue. You did indicate there is no power to the switches.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcopage View Post
Yes . . . I pulled the cover and checked all the fuses in the battery control center under steps . . Even googled a wiring diagram for that . . . Which was pretty specific and accurate . . . But nothing fused there pertain to these switches . .
I have confirmed this for my 2012 GT. The step switch is fused in the battery control center box and the porch/aisle lights are fused (one fuse for both) in the coach power control center (mines in the bedroom) fuse panel. The fuses in there are all jumbled up so noting a specific one for you would be useless.

Tags
fuse