Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #1

Gas cap

Help I lost my gas cap coming home from TX. Does any know what Georgetown uses? I have a Georgetown 350 ts 2012. Thanks
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellri View Post
Help I lost my gas cap coming home from TX. Does any know what Georgetown uses? I have a Georgetown 350 ts 2012. Thanks
I did a google on Ford F53 gas cap and it looks like the one I have, which is a basic Ford cap. Any auto parts store should have it.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #3

It is a OEM # 8C3Z9030C
It is the same as a 2012 Ford F350 Gas truck and runs around $15 at Auto Zone Part 6839

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #4

Thanks
Old 03-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #5

Did you get the engine light on? They'll reset for you, unless you have the 5 star tuner and you could do it yourself.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #6

No engine light, surprised me. I used a Baggie and a rubber band until I could get a new one.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #7

Glad ours has a plastic strap attached to the tube...I'm bad at loosing them.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #8

This had the strap but it broke, while filling gas the guy at the next pump has lots of questions and I got distracted. I do that pretty easy any more. I have been just hanging it from the door, but I didn't lock the fuel door or replace the cap! Gotta love this sight people just know stuff and are willing to share.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #9

Hey Newelliri,
We know this stuff pretty much because we have done the same thing ourselves and can't see anyone suffer anymore than necesary.
In any case I don't believe there is a bad one in the bunch. The folks in this forum are the ones I would love to have as a camping neighbor.
Glad you light didn't come on.

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
Old 03-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #10

Newellri, if it makes you feel better I ripped the awning right off by leaving it extended. DW broke the inside wood molding by extracting the slide with a vacuum blocking one corner. DW broke the screen door's little plastic handle while doing who knows what. A piece of metallic something flew out of the back of a pickup and left a 2" crack on the windshield. The bottom screen of our coach came undone and was dragging on the ground for who knows how many miles. The electric steps kept extending due to a problem with a door latch. BTW, this was all on our trip from FL to OH...we just got back. To top it off, I park the coach on a cement slab on the side of the house. Where it is normally parked you can open all slides. I ended up parking it further up the slab so that I could wash the salt mash and when DW went to extend one slide it ended up hitting the side of the house...nothing broke though.

Feel better now?
Old 03-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #11

Al,
I think you made all of us feel better.

WOW

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
Old 03-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercept View Post
Al,
I think you made all of us feel better.

WOW
Glad to help We had a blast though. That's what camping is all about. There is one thing I love the most and that is how quickly fellow campers are willing to help. We are the same way, and it's hard to find people like that outside of the camping world.

My neighbor has had his really nice truck since day one and it has always been garaged. The one day he left it outside we got hit with a serious hail storm. He is 72 and I told him, "you can't take it to the grave, you know". We had a few beers and he forgot all about it.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Newellri, if it makes you feel better I ripped the awning right off by leaving it extended. DW broke the inside wood molding by extracting the slide with a vacuum blocking one corner. DW broke the screen door's little plastic handle while doing who knows what. A piece of metallic something flew out of the back of a pickup and left a 2" crack on the windshield. The bottom screen of our coach came undone and was dragging on the ground for who knows how many miles. The electric steps kept extending due to a problem with a door latch. BTW, this was all on our trip from FL to OH...we just got back. To top it off, I park the coach on a cement slab on the side of the house. Where it is normally parked you can open all slides. I ended up parking it further up the slab so that I could wash the salt mash and when DW went to extend one slide it ended up hitting the side of the house...nothing broke though.

Feel better now?

Yep I feel better, I make enough mistakes the don't bother me much! Lot of practice..... By the way the steps on my Georgetown really suck!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:38 AM   #14

I have gone throught the step agony, What steps do you have, I may be able to help you make it better.

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercept View Post
It is a OEM # 8C3Z9030C
It is the same as a 2012 Ford F350 Gas truck and runs around $15 at Auto Zone Part 6839

Thanks, I went to auto zone and they had the cap and it is installed!

Tags
gas