Old 03-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Gas Pusher

Was going thru some RVs at Parker, AZ the other day and saw my first gas pusher. It was a Georgetown 391 2008. It looked just like a diesel pusher from the outside. I was in awwwwwww!!

ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #2

I don't get it. According to the 2008 brochure, there wasn't a Georgetown model number 391. Look at past brochures posted by cfsoistman (Charlie) back on Feb. 17, 2011.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
I Googled it and thats what came up. It was a great looking RV.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Gas Pusher

Since the pusher chassis, Workhorse UFO, is no longer in production, the one you saw must have been one of the last down the line. I think Workhorse discovered it was too expensive to make versus what they could sell a gasser for.

We own the 2007 391 and love it. Its nice to be heading up a big hill with the transmission down shifted and engine revs up and still have a quiet conversation in the front.
2007 391TS UFO Chassis
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
I would like a Gas Pusher, that sounds cool. The cost of maintaining a Diesel is what scares me. I have seen the repair bills for motorhomes from the repair shop i used to work at...OUCH! just an oil change and new oil/air filters alone will drain your account. I admire you guys with the Diesels and your deep pockets. looks like fun to me, maybe someday...
Dan, Kelly and Maddy.
Cupid and Kandi the Camp Dogs
Tomball, Texas
2006 Salem LE2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost Supercrew w/ factory tow package
Danielflading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
These days Diesel isnt so much better than a gas engine anymore. there used to be a massive difference and you could the 3 times the miles out of a diesel engine and on average was cheaper on fuel (despite diesel prices)

But now days a Diesel engine only lasts about 75% longer than a gas engine thats maintained and the costs of maintaining a diesel overshoots any little difference in fuel anymore. plus the new urea standards suck and are yet another cost and inconvenience to a diesel engine anymore.
Covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
There's another outfit making gas pushers called "Special Interest Vehicles". Really neat-looking, but expensive. It's on their own design tubular space-frame structure that combines chassis and body frame into a single unit. The engine, transmission and suspensions are made by regular motor industry companes. Most seem to have the Ford V-10.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
I wished I would of had more time to drive that gas pusher, it was very nice inside and out. I can see how it would be so much quiter. Oh well my lose.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
We own a 2008 on the Workhorse UFO and it is great!!!

Some minor Georgetown issues but other than that, LOVE IT

rwells is offline   Reply With Quote