Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #1

Gen Problem

Had my first problem with the generator today. After doing all the things I could, I gave up and called Cummings. They in turn put me in contact with the local Cumming dealer here in town. After talking with service manager I headed up with the RV. They said the generatori is still under warranty and not to worry about anything.

It's nice to know there are still people out there willing to help the customer.

The name of the company is Cumming Power South here in Orlando Florida.

Chris

Old 11-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Head Rambler

Cummins is a top notch company. They'll even work on My Dodge Cummins for anything except warranty. The parts are way cheaper than Dodge charges for them too.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #3

Cummings Power South

Chris,
These people also go by the name Southeastern Power. I had them do my toad setup and I must say that they are the most professional people I have come across in a long time. I would not hesitate to recommend the company to anyone in need of service in the area. Frank, their service manager took his time to make sure I understood everything they did step by step and could not be more helpful. And besides all that their pricing was right in line.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #4

Hey peskin,
Still looking forward to getting together one day. You are right about these guys at Southeastern Power, they are top notch. Didn't know they did toad set ups. Learn something new everyday.

Chris
Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #5

Cummins called me today and said they would have the unit ready tomorrow. I was surprised because it wasn't suppose to be ready until Tuesday.
Looks like I'll be able to get thing ready for our trip over the weekend after all.

Chris
Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #6

Got the MH Friday and ran the Gen, it runs perfect. So we did all the packing on Saturday for our trip next week. I'm ready to go and relax.

Chris
Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #7

Has a fantastic time. Wish we were able to join you.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #8

Thanks peskin, wish you could join us also. Have a good week.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #9

Generator Breaker?

Was dry camping near the beach in Bodega Bay on Saturday and just before we turned in the 120v AC in the coach went out. Too late to do anything and we were going to sleep anyhow. In the morning I checked the electrical connections at the surge protector I hardwired. When having problems review your own work first is my rule. Found nothing. Check the Onan and one of the breakers popped. Any idea what might cause something like that? I don't want to ignore a possible problem till it grows more serious. We had some coach lights on, one TV running and the fridge would have been chewing up some amps. Not even close to the generator capacity. Breaker felt a little "soft" when I closed it. Could the breaker be wearing out. Our rig has 11K miles and the generator has 175 hours or so. Its been serviced twice. When I saw the cost of a new one I decided oil changes and other preventative maintenance was cheap insurance. So now I'm looking for more "cheap" insurance.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #10

I really don't know what the cause of the problem would be Lawfive? But I can tell you one thing, if you have a Cummins dealer near you they should have no problem finding the problem.
Our problem was 2 brushes that had cracked and was not making full contact. This also could be some of your problem too. They told us that brushes will wear over a period of time. You also may still be under warranty.

Chris and Linda