Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog
Does anybody know what the diameter of the Onan generator exhaust pipe is? We have the 2011 378TS and I just don't like the idea of having the generator exhaust exit right under the bedroom slide. Was thinking about rerouting the exhaust out the back using metal electrical conduit if I can find the size to match.
Looks like 1.5" OD, its steel tubing should be easy to match.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #22

It is 1-1/4", and be careful how much you add, due to backpressure. The best option is a "Genturi-Type" device that routes the exhaust above the roof without adding backpressure.

I built my own using lightweight 3" PVC, a 1-1/4" EMT elbow, some aluminum strips, and 2" suction cups to hold it onto the side of the MoHo.

Cost was about $15, labor about an hour.
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
It is 1-1/4", and be careful how much you add, due to backpressure. The best option is a "Genturi-Type" device that routes the exhaust above the roof without adding backpressure.

I built my own using lightweight 3" PVC, a 1-1/4" EMT elbow, some aluminum strips, and 2" suction cups to hold it onto the side of the MoHo.

Cost was about $15, labor about an hour.
Thanks for the size info. The challange I have is that the exhaust exits out from the coach right under the slide so I can't use a "genturi" because the slide is in the way. I need to run the exhaust another three feet or so towards the back in order to get it out from under the slide so I could use a "genturi" And I will probably build a "genturi" myself, they look easy.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog

Thanks for the size info. The challange I have is that the exhaust exits out from the coach right under the slide so I can't use a "genturi" because the slide is in the way. I need to run the exhaust another three feet or so towards the back in order to get it out from under the slide so I could use a "genturi" And I will probably build a "genturi" myself, they look easy.
Thanks to your post, i ran my genset on a calm day. In my 378 it exhausts below the bed slide right below the occupants heads. The pipe is 1.5 " steel tube measured on OD. It measures the proper distance below the slide and away from the coach turned down.
Despite meeting all the rules it was easy to detect gases accumulating under the slide, i mean very obvious signs, i wouldn't take a nap with the gen running. The CO detector is 4' plus above the bunk, maybe too little, too late. The slide seals may not pass muster for gas tight. I think I'll add a SS flex hose whrn I need it while closed up.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote