Old 02-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #51
WDK

The enforcement was non existent at best though the few coaches around me did use the stacks...there were plenty of 5th wheels with portable generators that of course had no stacks at all so yes, it was all to do about nothing....I am glad I did not spend the money but also happy I was prepared and it worked.

WDK

Old 02-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
The enforcement was non existent at best though the few coaches around me did use the stacks...there were plenty of 5th wheels with portable generators that of course had no stacks at all so yes, it was all to do about nothing....I am glad I did not spend the money but also happy I was prepared and it worked.

WDK
Well glad you didn't have to spend 100's to buy one, and really yours looks pretty good. Pretty inventive WKD, enjoy the rallie.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #53

Knight has the right idea, get a genturi, that will eliminate the back pressure problems. It will attach on the side of the slideout with two small brackets and rubber straps. Then get exhaust clamps, pipes, and fittings from an auto parts store. It will not cost much and is easy. I had to do the same thing. Anytime you have to park side by side with other units, such as tailgating, rallies, etc. it is common courtesy not to blow your exhaust gasses, heat and noise at your neighbor.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:39 PM   #54
WDK

......hummmm I passed muster for about 17 bucks.....and when I take it down there are no pop rivet latches to hold the bungie cords I saw everyone using with the gentri system which cost them $100 plus and my neighbors loved the idea.

WDK
Old 03-04-2015, 11:04 PM   #55

Quote:
.....anything that won't impede the slide operation or the gasket because at this juncture in my warranty, I don't want to give them a reason not to pay.....with the cups, you clean up the circles and nothing was ever there.

WDK
But now they know your not spoda post that
Old 03-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #56
WDK

No, No.....my point is, there is nothing permanent there.....once I remove the suction cups and wipe the ring off, you won't know anything at all was there but should I add a clip that is glued on or a pop rivet for example and take it in and tell them I am having slide problems well then they would have something to point too weather it has anything to do with it.

WDK
Old 03-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #57
WDK

....though I suppose your saying that I am telling them here and your right about that but my gadget once removed does not impeded the slide operation and hopefully I would never forget and pull it in with my smoke stack up. 😊

WDK
Old 03-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #58

The sun really does like the suction cups, though!
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #59
WDK

....as far as?? I cleaned the surface they were going and added a little spit....and they held for 5 days without fail in the Arizona sun....the sun will do a number on anything but for the time they will have to be in use the rest if the time in the basement I figure I can get a few years out of them for under 5 bucks a piece on Amazon.

WDK
Old 03-08-2015, 10:58 PM   #60

Quote:
....as far as?? I cleaned the surface they were going and added a little spit....and they held for 5 days without fail in the Arizona sun....the sun will do a number on anything but for the time they will have to be in use the rest if the time in the basement I figure I can get a few years out of them for under 5 bucks a piece on Amazon.

WDK
I live in the High Desert area of Southern California, and the sun eats the Home Depot suction cups like lunch, even when they're in a compartment; the heat gets 'em. I keep a couple of spares inside (cheap, and better than drilling into the MoHo.

A friend and I made a bunch of them, using aluminum strap from H.D., pop-rivets, and 2" suction cups.

1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator