Old 10-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #1

Georgetown 280DS

I am considering the purchase of a Georgetown 280DS. A dealer in my state has a unit in stock that is described on its website as a "Georgetown 28". I want to drive down and take a look at it but, since the dealer is about 125 miles from my home, I wanted to make sure it was the correct model (and they still had it). I called the dealer and, after checking on it, she told me that it was a "Georgetown 280DSZ". Anyone know what the Z is for?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #2

i have a 280 no idea what the z is for ,i also see listing for anniversary model no idea about that either sometimes dealer play with mod numbers so as to confuse you while shopping. we love our 280 and anything longer will not fit our drive.
brianj

take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I wonder if the "Z" is used to represent a particular option package? If you get the real answer let us know. It would be interesting to find out.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #4

George town is coming out with new models and options. we also would be interested in what it means. Ours was Georgetown XL in 2008 and it came wilth all of the options that were offered at that time. Its a great motorhome for the price.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #5

I wanted to let you know that I took the plunge. Today I ordered a Georgetown 280DS from my local dealer in Denver, who just happens to be the same dealer who has serviced my current RV for almost 10 years. I expect to take delivery sometime in January. I couldn't get much in a trade-in, so I am going to try to sell it on consignment, and donate it for the tax deduction if I can't.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice. Did you ever find out what the Z was?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #7

When I saw the vehicle description sheet, the model was listed as "GTA280DSVEF". "GT" obviously stands for Georgetown, "A" may signify class A, while "VE" is the series. I don't know the "F", but I saw the same model designation on a listing at RVDirect.com.

It turned out the visit to Canon City helped make up my mind, although I wound up buying at my local dealer (there are two authorized Georgetown dealers in Colorado), because they are much closer, I've dealt with them for years, and they gave me a good deal (not as low as RVDirect, but close). I'm pretty sure I can beat their financing, though, at my credit union.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashonthedash View Post
When I saw the vehicle description sheet, the model was listed as "GTA280DSVEF". "GT" obviously stands for Georgetown, "A" may signify class A, while "VE" is the series. I don't know the "F", but I saw the same model designation on a listing at RVDirect.com.

It turned out the visit to Canon City helped make up my mind, although I wound up buying at my local dealer (there are two authorized Georgetown dealers in Colorado), because they are much closer, I've dealt with them for years, and they gave me a good deal (not as low as RVDirect, but close). I'm pretty sure I can beat their financing, though, at my credit union.
we love ours only a couple of minor warranty tweaks ,thats whats great about buying local its easy to return to dlr. coach is in shop right now for winterizing and having power shades installed . so brag a little and tell us about your options list and plan for your maiden voyage
brianj
take us
Old 11-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #9

Thanks, Brian. I got the bedroom TV, the Arctic pack, the Fantastic Fan in the kitchen (couldn't do without that), the Power fan in the bathroom, the Outside Shower (I hike a lot), the Leveling jacks, the Color back-up camera, the Remote heated mirrors (I hate having to go clear across the coach to adjust the passenger mirror), the 15K A/C, the 2nd Auxiliary battery and the Partial Paint. I chose the Cashmere decor because it's a little darker than the others (I have 3 big dogs). I also asked if they can swap out the dinette table for the longer one, so the dogs can have another place to sleep.

My first trip will be to pick it up, hopefully in January (if the weather holds up), then in May, probably a weekend at Cherry Creek State Park, followed by a trip to the Grand Canyon.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #10

[ . I also asked if they can swap out the dinette table for the longer one, so the dogs can have another place to sleep.

.[/QUOTE]
please tell me more om this option as i would like to do the same
brisnj

take us

Tags