Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #1

Georgetown 329

The 329 is on our short list along with the Jayco 31ul. Looked at both today, and it's almost a tossup.

Does anyone who owns a 329 have an opinion one way or another? Any other owners of Georgetowns feel free to chime in. Thanks.
vjstangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #2

We have a 2010 Georgetown, honestly I can't recommend it, we have had to many issues with it, but Forest Rive has been great about fixing most of the issues, I would keep looking.
Big George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #3

I'm curious as to the type of issues. were they mainly with installed systems such as the fridge, tv, or were they major structural problems such as, ugg, water leaks?

Thanks.
vjstangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #4

Roof, was the biggest problem, it went back to the factor 3 times, it started with the sky light in the shower, it was cracked. we also had problems with front TV DVD, air unit in back but that was a screw in the elect line, genitor, floor. Forest River did replace or repair these items. My husband found a product that you put on the seams, so far that is working.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #5

Also we have talked to other George Town owners and they were very happy, the George Town is beautiful inside, our king size bed is wonderful, and I love the bathroom sinks, and the surround sound of the TV, the couch is very comfortable to travel in, and you can make really tight turns, and when semi trucks pass you, it doesn't move, that I really like. We also recently applied eternabond to the seams, we hope this helps with prevent leaks.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Retired US Army CW4

I have a 2014 329DS. It's been a great motorhome. Traded a 2004 Gulfstream Class A in on it. When I first picked it up I had an issue with the water hookups. The labels had been put in the wrong spots so the city hookup was actually the fresh water tank fill. Also had an issue with the Lippert steps that were original to the unit. One of the bolts sheered during our third trip. We called Forest River and they contacted the dealer and had the steps replaced with Quickie almost immediately. I haven't really had any issues since, and absolutely nothing major. Send me a message if you have any questions.I'll be happy to answer any you have.
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:01 PM   #7

We chose our 2011 378 because of the floor plan and appearance for the price. We have really enjoyed living in it during the winters and taking trips the rest of the year. We have had several issue, all of which were taken care of by Forest River or the dealer. Biggest issue was the roof which developed several cracks. They didn't seem to leak, but Forest River has replaced the roof which seems to be fine. The other issues were with the Dometic refrigerator, repaired under the Dometic warranty, and the steps, which were also replaced by Forest River. When the unit was new, the DVD player did not work properly and was replaced by the dealer.

It handles well on the road, and I have not added any "handling aids", just keep the tires at recommended inflation. We get 7.5 to 8 mpg unless there is a strong headwind, then about 1 mpg less. That is towing a Chev HHR.

I have been really impressed by Forest River and their willingness to stand behind their product.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #8

Forgot that we also had a Ford related problem. The chassis a/c failed the second year. Ford replaced the compressor under warranty twice. As of last warm weather it was still working.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #9

Wife and stopped in at a RV show today here in central Fl, while out Jeeping. The 329 caught our eye and we ended up spending about an hour just in that coach. We like the overall lay out (could do without the overhead bunk) but did like the couch with foot rest.

The salesman advised the unit would get 10mpg with the 5 speed V 10? That's what I get with my truck / trailer in my signature. Im thinking 8 mpg for a rig like that is more in line.

The show price was $89,000 down from $ 129,000.00.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #10

I have one, and in good conscious, I could never recommend a new GT to anyone. I don't know anyone who hasn't had several problems. We had just about every major problem you can have and all in the first year. Almost all of them were related to quality control.
Roof leaked badly in three places. 1. at windshield 2. at spot where awning was attached 3. inside back corner clothes closet.
Microwave didn't work (replaced).
All electronics in levelers fried (replaced).
Controller and house batteries fried (replaced).
Step motor failed (replaced).
Cracked fresh water tank (replaced).
Badly leaking shower (repaired)
Bedroom slide-out had water under the paint (repainted).
Dining table cushions were separating at the seams when purchased (replaced).
Every screw in the interior was meant to be countersunk. None of them were.
The entire ceiling had glue spots and smears on it. (painted).
Heater grill not finished (sanded and finished).
At least half of the screw hole dowels weren't finished (replaced).
All outside door frame screws were rusted (replaced).
7 pin connector mounted in wrong spot, resulting in it getting squashed (replaced)
Tank level indicators have NEVER worked correctly.

When I was talking about them using the wrong screws. Here is a glaring example. The outside door and screen door frame mounts to the body using regular screws. The factory uses screws that are meant to be counter sunk. The same thing with the towel bars. Regular screws COME WITH THE TOWEL BARS, yet they used the wrong ones. Same with the toilet paper roll. Lot's of other minor things, but this is too long already.

In addition to the factor QC issues, the dealer was terrible about fixing things and I believe they are as DISHONEST as the day is long...
ptillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #11

Has anyone had issues with their Lippert steps braking.
Any injuries or hurts

We had the broken bolt issue and the wife fell but no serious injury
I have been contacted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration board and they would like to hear from anyone that has had a broken step and/or injuries.
Here is his contact link or you can file a complaint at the link below.

Nate Seymour
Safety Defect Investigator
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Office of Defects Investigation - Med/Heavy Duty Vehicles
1200 New Jersey Ave SE
W46-323
Washington, DC 20590
202 366 2069
202 366 1767 fax
877 536 8368 x62069 Toll Free

Class A CDL with T,N,P,S,H endorsements
Class M license
Captain, Logistics Branch, Army National Guard

www.safertruck.gov

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #12

We have a 2013 Georgetown 329DS and have been quite pleased with it. The only concerns so far have been minor and easily corrected. Having worked 20 years, second career, in a Ford Dealer Service Department where I was the Senior Master Technician, I can assure you that nothing that is man made and costing less the a Kings Ransom is ever absolutely perfect. You can only pay close attention to your vehicle and ensure it is returned to the appropriate repair facility when concerns occur. Bottom line, the Georgetown is an American made product that is built with care and with appropriate services should last a long time.
Clark Craven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown