Old 06-29-2016, 10:27 PM   #1

Georgetown 335DS value?

Looked at a 2014 Georgetown 335DS today while out kicking tires. Local dealer is asking $79,995 for a coach with 6800 miles. Dealer sold it originally and took it back on trade for a smaller coach. Looks immaculate inside, includes full cover, Commander tow bar and brake controller.

We talked trade in general terms and I received an just an OK deal, nothing that really gets the trade juices flowing so thought I'd check here with Gtown owners for opinions.

What could I expect in terms of gas milage without towing and with towing a 3800 pound Jeep Wrangler?

Any warts to be aware of? Factory recalls? Steering/front end issues?

Propane tank is 24 gallons, that would be about the same as 2x 30lb tanks on my fiver?

Are there issues with slide mechanisms? Auto level?

Appreciate your feedback friends.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:41 AM   #2

Price is a little high maybe but not too far off. Tow bar and braking system add good value to the deal.

Issues that I have dealt with, toilet replaced by Dometic, entry step replaced, levelling jacks wiring harness replaced. Water leak rear drivers side where rear cap is attached to side walls. Replaced the backflow valve on the back flush system, cheap plastic that had cracked. Replaced valves on the fresh water drain lines, they leaked from day one. Replaced the regulator on propane tank, leaked a half a tank before I noticed the failure. Search these forums for other issues like ripples in the fibreglass roof, check that before signing off on deal.

I get between 7 and 8 mpg when towing a Lincoln MKX. Fact that it comes with a cover is a good indication it was looked after by previous owner.

We love the layout and are happy with it, and would buy it again no question about it.

DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #3

lol...that was my RV. I traded it last Saturday. I didn't have any issues with it. I towed a Jeep. There is a track bar already installed. I gave them a cover also and windshield covers custom made. The jeep was set up for towing and had a tow bar. I usually got around 6-7 mpg towing.

Awning recall last year and step recall done earlier this year.

If you are going to spend 80k i'd see what kind of deal I could get on a new one.

My wife has bad back problems and i'm a disabled vet not getting any younger. I jumped at downsizing. I'm starting all over again and already taking new coach back Tuesday to have a roof fixture looked at. They ALL will have issues...
Old 06-30-2016, 04:50 PM   #4

Small world!

@fullenw: Just goes to show you how small the world really is. The coach was in nice condition throughout. Did you have any issues with leaks?

What kind of Jeep did you tow? If we were to trade I would use my Wrangler Sahara 2 door.

The only thing I got from the sales person about you was that you had downsized.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #5

No leaks. But I'm paranoid of them after the crap trailer I had that leaked many years ago. I was keeping a eye on the top back corners of the roof. No leaks but the caulk up there along with the fiberglass was making me want to do something with it. The cover would rub in those corners. I read where that is where there will be leaks if any. if I didn't trade this year I was going to have a local rv mobile repair guy look and redo it if possible just for sanity sake. I added caulk around the windshield and lights on top after I bought it because I just didn't like the way it looked and was paranoid. You can tell if you look at it close.

I bent the hitch pin wire connector one trip and it still works fine. You got to watch those dips going in the gas stations. I was going to get one of those rollers you can mount under hitch but didn't get to it.

You can tell from any of my previous posts I don't like the screen where the camera is. I find it pretty pointless and i'm no fan of the side cameras. I only ever looked to see if my jeep was still back there as it never felt like it was. the ford v10 is a beast.

I think I only paid 86k for the RV at the show in Indianapolis in March of '13. I'm thinking only because I took good care of it and some of the extras would it be a good buy but value is what the person is willing to pay to get it. They didn't give me a great deal for it and if not for the equity in my jeep i'd have lost my shorts in the trade. I wonder what they did with the jeep as it had less then 12k on it.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:15 PM   #6

Thanks so much

Well, after much discussion we have decided to pass on this deal. The thoughts of a $200 fill up and having to do that every 500 or so miles was the deal breaker for us. My F450 averaged about 10.5 mpg during our first winter trip to FL and back home so the fuel pain is slightly less plus we have more living space in our fiver.

I appreciate your comments on the Georgetown, thanks so much.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #7

Add a trailer to the pickup and see what mileage you get

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown