Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #1

Georgetown 337

We are very disappointed in the performance of our super slide. The bottom of the superslide is showing signs of wear due to the rollers. The rollers are cutting into the fiberglass bottom.
Is there any solution or repair ideas. We are considering adding 1/8 inch stainless steel plates to the fiberglass bottom. I believe this is a design flaw that Georgetown should correct.
gkinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
Happily Retired Member

My 2013 378xl has what appears to be particle board on the bottom of the right and main slide outs. The bottom outer edges were getting damaged by the guides they ride on. The fix was to install narrow plastic plates about 3" wide running the full length of the slide out. So now the slide outs ride on them. This was a common problem on many units. I have not heard of problems with slide outs with fiberglass bottoms. My bedroom slide out bottom has a fiberglass bottom and looks fine.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #3

I reality the fix is the plastic plates but the actual cause is the slide is too low when starting and ending its journey.

If its not under warranty any longer you can do it yourself if you read the manual and adjust the main screws that raise it that are located at the end of the arms. You can see them when the slide is out and are two large screws that raise it up .
Its in the manual but if you don't have the manual I have attached it here.

See page 7 and 8 of the attached manual.

If you are going to the 2016 FROG Rally in Goshen FR will install the plastic strips. RAMAIR got it done by them last year.

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slideout_ADJ_Manual.pdf (846.4 KB, 92 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #4

My GT is showing wear under the full wall slide but its 6yrs old so I expect a little. There was a discussion on the Berkshire forum about this issue and in some cases FR provided plates for the rollers to run on. I got 2 SS plates made up but haven't fitted them yet because I found I needed 3.
I always level before extending the slides.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:26 AM   #5

Had mine done while at the FR Rally They did a great job as for everything that they fixed you can ask anyone there, these service techs are the best. If you are having issues then add it to your list of items to be serviced, I watched them conduct the fix and there is tricks to all trades and they know the best ways. I believe this year you can have up to 3 items. FR does this as a service to their customers and don't know of any other brand that does this. This is what separates them from the others.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #6

My Georgetown 337 DS was showing grooves on the underside of the full wall slide. Contact Kevin at Forest River and he will ship you the steel plates that will screw to the bottom. mine works great now. The plates and shipping was all free through forest river. Hope this helps.

Kurt
kurtm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown