Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #1

Georgetown 346S Electrical Problem

Hi.

I have a 2000 346S and the batteries go dead. Somewhere there is a drain on the batteries, also the Generator doesn't see to charge them but it makes power as the roof AC works as does the wall plugs and Micowave. It seemed ok in the fall but after storing it for the winter problems have popped up. When I plug the MH into land power shouldn't there be 12 to the battery to keep it topped up ? Shouldn't the gen also charge the batteries ?
Robert W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Your batteries will go dead unless you disconnect them.
If your batteries went dead and you live in a cold climate they more than likely froze and they are now no good. They will not take a charge.
there are parasitic drains in your coach that will drain your batteries in a few weeks.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #3

I took the batteries out for the winter and stored them inside. Something drains the Chassis battery as well as the batteries for the living quarters . I disconnected the chassis battery from the rear and it now holds a charge and stays up. What ever is wrong it's in the rear. So it's not the Ford Chassis.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert W View Post
I took the batteries out for the winter and stored them inside. Something drains the Chassis battery as well as the batteries for the living quarters . I disconnected the chassis battery from the rear and it now holds a charge and stays up. What ever is wrong it's in the rear. So it's not the Ford Chassis.
Have you been turning off the LP Leak Detector? That will drain a battery over time if you're not plugged in. As long as it's in the On position the Solenoid Valve from the Propane Tank stays energized in the Open position.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #5

Hi Robert,
When plugged in to shore power, or on generator, it's your "Converter" keeps the batteries charged. It sounds like your converter has failed! (I had to replace mine last fall.)

Find your converter documentation. But as I remember, about the only troubleshooting is to check the fuses on the converter.

FWIW, I got my new converter at Bestconverter.com . You'll find a direct replacement for the converter you currently have, or you can shop for an upgrade model that will work for your rig. They have telephone customer support.

Hi.
I have a 2000 346S and the batteries go dead. Somewhere there is a drain on the batteries, also the Generator doesn't see to charge them but it makes power as the roof AC works as does the wall plugs and Micowave. It seemed ok in the fall but after storing it for the winter problems have popped up. When I plug the MH into land power shouldn't there be 12 to the battery to keep it topped up ? Shouldn't the gen also charge the batteries ?[/QUOTE]
Old 04-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #6

Thanks for the ideas. I did find a couple of fuses between the shore power / generator That were blown so the 110v power wasn't getting to the Converter. Problem #2 seems to be the batteries are weak even though I stored them inside for the winter, they just will not come back up.

[QUOTE=dpbbjc;179838]Hi Robert,
When plugged in to shore power, or on generator, it's your "Converter" keeps the batteries charged. It sounds like your converter has failed! (I had to replace mine last fall.)

Find your converter documentation. But as I remember, about the only troubleshooting is to check the fuses on the converter.

FWIW, I got my new converter at Bestconverter.com . You'll find a direct replacement for the converter you currently have, or you can shop for an upgrade model that will work for your rig. They have telephone customer support.