Old 11-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
When running the propane heat the duct in the bathroom puts out very little air.
Just wondering if this is normal as the ducts further away from the heater put out less than the ones closer. I know I wouldn't want a great deal of heat blowing in that small bathroom but the heat coming out is almost none.
Just wondering how it is on other 351's
Ours puts out less volume than the other vents, although it seems sufficient to us. I assume it's because it takes less to heat the small bathroom. I'm just happy the bathroom *has* both heat and cooling vents, as our previous class C had neither in the bathroom, so we're loving it.

We travel with a couple boston terriers too. They like the lower bunk. <g>

Mike & Suz
2014 Georgetown 351
Pontiac Vibe toad
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
In our 2013 351ds, we had a similar issue with very little heat in the bathroom. I pulled the cover to the heater (under the fridge) to inspect the duct work. I found the duct to the bathroom takes a 90 degree turn immediately out of the heater and the duct was torn. It is a tight space.
Heat was pouring out of the broken duct.

After a tedious repair job on the duct and some effort to straighten the duct a bit, the flow to the bathroom is still less than I would like. However, it definitely helped improved the flow at the other vents.

I would definitely recommend inspecting your vents where they attach to the heater. The way they attach to the heater is not overly secure and it wouldn't surprise me if one is loose or broken which will reduce the flow to all your vents.

Since we ski out of our MH and use the shower, I purchased a small ceramic heater for the bathroom. 5 minutes and the bathroom is toasty warm.

ifrpilot99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #23
Spent two nights in the MH at the lake this last weekend with night time temps in the lower 40's and the propane heat alone worked just fine. Bathroom temperature was OK and found that turning on the heat strips in the bedroom would force a little more warm air through the ceiling vents if needed. Probably better to have not enough heat in there than too much.
Will definitely check out the duct connection at the heater itself to see if there might be any loss there. Might check into the adjustable vent covers one day but right now have a few other things that need attention including items on punch list for dealer.

On a side note, had a GT 351DS with full body paint pass us on I-95 South near Santee SC Sunday afternoon. Just wondering if it was anyone on the forum.
2014 Georgetown 351DS

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #24
We had this issue in a travel trailer. An easy fix was to replace a couple of the vents that blow out really well with some that close like in your house. Lowes or Home Depot have trailer vents that screw down just like the RV one and a lot cheaper. WHen you close off vents closer to the furnace, you will get more from those at the end run.

WSW is offline   Reply With Quote

georgetown, roo