The one review I saw on Amazon (there's more than one but it stuck out to me) is that the Ecoroute only works on auto mode. I cannot confirm or deny.
Amazon.com: Garmin Dezl 760LMT 7-Inch Bluetooth Trucking GPS with Lifetime Maps & Traffic: GPS & Navigation
, February 20, 2013
- See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Garmin Dezl 760LMT 7-Inch Bluetooth Trucking GPS with Lifetime Maps & Traffic (Electronics)
The Dezl 760 works as advertised.
There are some issues however:
1) The ecoRoute HD accessory only works when you select automobile mode. It does not work in truck or RV mode.
2) The unit is very large. It can seriously impact your forward visibility if you use it in a small car. Also it is unstable if you use a bean bag mount. I use the bean bag because I use it in more than 1 vehicle.
3) When you are connecting it to a computer be aware that there are 2 USB slots on the device. The mini-USB slot in the back is only for charging. The micro-USB slot on the bottom is for connecting to a computer.
4) When I connected it to the computer, it indicated that I needed to update the maps. It failed in the attempt. One message I got in the process indicated it didn't have enough space on the device. The map it was trying to install is the same one that came on the device, so I don't know if it will work for future releases or not. I may need to add a microSD card.
The things I like about the unit:
1) There is a dashboard that shows 4 different data items at the bottom of the screen.
2) You can also customize 3 buttons on the right side of the screen.
3) It is easier to see and use than my Nuvi 1490.
4) It has a better receiver than my Nuvi 1490. It gets a good signal in my office downstairs. The Nuvi gets nothing.
I am using this in my RV.