Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2016, 02:20 AM   #1

Georgetown 351ds tv issue

We have a wingard carry out sati lite and I can't get signal to coach tv. There doesn't seem to be a coax plug in behind the tv for the receiver.
I was told at walk through the satilite/cable input in the power compartment went to both outside tv and kitchen tv.
Gohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:00 AM   #2

Did you switch the input selector switch. Usually above the passenger seat in the compartment. It selects between the power bay feed and the roof antenna.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:26 AM   #3

I solved this issue by purchasing a wireless HDMI transmitter. The transmitter plugs into the HDMI out port on the satellite receiver and into the HDMI port on the TV. It was a bit pricey at around $199 but works fine.

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:08 AM   #4

OK I found the input selector switch and will try that. I saw some of the earlier posts about the wireless HDMI. It looks intriguing no I just have to figure out how to get behind the exterior TV
Old 03-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
I Break Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkulbok View Post
I solved this issue by purchasing a wireless HDMI transmitter. The transmitter plugs into the HDMI out port on the satellite receiver and into the HDMI port on the TV. It was a bit pricey at around $199 but works fine.

Does it work with multiple TVs or just one?

thanks,
mk

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel68 View Post
Does it work with multiple TVs or just one?

thanks,
mk
The one we purchased only works with one tv....so we bought 2 and an hdmi splitter, transmits to both inside tv at the same time (same channel)

Robot Check

We connect the tailgater to the cable connection in the basement, and have the receiver box in the cabinet above the passenger seat, which is then connected to the hdmi splitter and then to the transmitters. Works awesome.
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #7

[QUOTE=ChrisAndGarren;1143417]The one we purchased only works with one tv....so we bought 2 and an hdmi splitter, transmits to both inside tv at the same time (same channel)

Robot Check

We connect the tailgater to the cable connection in the basement, and have the receiver box in the cabinet above the passenger seat, which is then connected to the hdmi splitter and then to the transmitters. Works awesome.
:signhavefun

Thanks for input(no pun intended) Looks like that's the only way to go. I can't believe these coaches are not pre wired better. Any idea how to get at the outside tv? I assume the wireless hdmi is the only way to get satilite there too.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:39 PM   #8

[QUOTE=Gohawks;1143801]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
The one we purchased only works with one tv....so we bought 2 and an hdmi splitter, transmits to both inside tv at the same time (same channel)

Robot Check

:signhavefun

Thanks for input(no pun intended) Looks like that's the only way to go. I can't believe these coaches are not pre wired better. Any idea how to get at the outside tv? I assume the wireless hdmi is the only way to get satilite there too.
No problem....unfortunately, we don't have the outside TV, so I have no suggestions there. . Totally amazing they aren't pre wiring with hdmi. We also replaced both TV's with Samsung smart tVs, that are higher pixels and Internet ready. Better picture too. Had to replace the whole TV mount, but it all worked out in the end. we even built out a cabinet in the bedroom behind the TV.

Hopefully someone who does have one can give you some advice on the outside TV.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:19 AM   #9

Using a satellite dish in an RV involves two different area that must be addressed. First is getting the dish hooked up to the receiver. You have three choices here: 1. Mount a dish on the roof, using the cable that should be there, 2. Run a cable through a window or the corner of a slide, 3. Use the "park cable" input feed.

If you use the park cable feed, you'll need to disconnect it from FR's switch box and reroute it to your satellite receiver or its LNB power injector. Of course, you won't be able to connect to a park cable system once you've done this. I use an old mechanical A/B switch to move the cable between the switch box and the receiver as needed.

Once your signal comes out of the satellite box, you'll need to get it to the tvs. I started by using the audio and video outputs and running them to an RF modulator which was plugged into the "AUX" input of the FR switch box. After a year of that, I replaced it with a wireless HDMI system that allows me to watch the same show on both of the rig's televisions.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #10

On my Georgetown 351 the back of the outside tv is accessed from the kitchen under the sink
Dc8mdtmech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown