Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #1

Georgetown 360DS

HI all, I am new to the forum and considering the Georgetown 360DS. I am new to buying a motorhome and sometimes just feel completely overwhelmed!

the 1 1/2 baths was a strong consideration as I want to take my 82 year old parents on short trips. I have a few questions if those of you that have this unit would help me out, I sure would appreciate it

Is the sofa bed comfortable for guests?
Are there any inherent problems with this coach?
What price range should I be expecting for this unit?
Does the auto gen/power switch come with the unit?
What is the difference you have found between the 2011 and the 2012 unit?
What dealers have you found to be the best for purchasing a Georgetown?
Is it better to just go direct to Forest River and purchase? I need financing so not sure how that works.
What options should I definately consider that are not standard?
What about the W/D.... I have heard pros and cons.
No outside TV, where the Winny and Bounder both have. I know there is a hook up for a tv in one of the storage bins, has anyone does this? Are you happy with this set up?
I am noticing that most all the interiors have the lighter furniture. Since I have dogs, not sure this is right for me. Any thoughts?

I really appreciate any and all Answers ----- Would like to purchase this month or no later than December

I was originally considering the bounder 35K, I just love that floor plan, looks like a real living room with fireplace. Also have considered the Winnebago 35F. Can anyone shed some light on these models versus the Georgetown?

This has been one tuff decision! I was so sold on the floor plans of the winnebago and the bounder with the tv position where it was, in front of the couch and not to the side. ( still do not understand why any builder would put a tv so that one had to turn their head while sitting on a couch to see it)
carolinasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Anacortesians

We have an '02 GT 325, Ford V-10 and F53 chassis. As a used, slightly up-market from basic entry level coach we like it. The only dissatisfaction is the quality of the interior woodwork.

What looks like oak is, for the most part, hemlock or other inexpensive pine with an overlay of a self-adhesive veneer called "Woodtape" (or a similar product). Having just replaced the overhead cabinets in the living room slide due to water damage, I was appalled at the way they'd been built and installed. They looked fine, but we were lucky they didn't fall down just from travelling vibrations.

We don't watch much TV, even at home, so an outside TV would be of no interest. I don't like to see neighboring RVs at the CG with a TV in a storage bin, as I know they'll be loud and disturbing. We have the older CRT-type sets, originally one in the front overhead and one in the bedroom at the foot of the bed. I took the bedroom unit out.

You'll see a lot of complaints about the F53 chassis handling, but we've learned to live with it. Are the rigs you're looking at front-engine gassers or DPs? The V-10 engine seems to be fine for the size and weight of our rig, and later models have more power than ours.

This is only our second RV. The first one was an '85 Fleetwood 26' Class C which we were so glad to get rid of, so I have only hearsay knowledge of Winnebago and Bounder.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #3

We have a 2011 Georgetown 378 purchased it from Lazydays in Tampa we did the deal online they have a great website and will give you a price immediately. We had worked a deal with Johns Rv in Lexington SC but they sold it their price was better than Lazydays and we told them the price and they matched it. Johns RV knew we went to Tampa because they couldn't get another one from factory for a couple of months and we didn't want to wait and they told us they would be glad to service it if we needed it, Johns is only 1hr away while LDays is 9 hrs.

The sofa bed is not very comfortable can feel bars through mattress, so we bought a thicker queen size air bed and use it on the floor the 378 has plenty floor space, we just got back from trip with our 80 yr old parents and they slept in our bed and we slept on floor in front of fireplace quite comfy!

We love our Georgetown we've had 2 travel trailers and 2 fifth wheels before moho and are so happy.
Quality is very good for price.

Best of luck!
we2lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #4

By the way, I am sure the dealer will forget to mention, but Ford give free towing, free tire change, free gas (out gas) service with your new vehicle for 5yrs or 50,000 miles. Just a note to help.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #5

Where do I find the free info?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #6

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...2011_LoRes.pdf
Got to this link and read at the bottom, by the way pretty nice layout of F53 Chassie and info.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #7

Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #8

looking for help have a 2004 Georgetown 303 se. Radio was stolen tring to install a new one Radio switch on dasd has a hot (red) from fords acc#2 feed and a hot (red) a ground (white) what goes to the radio the blue or brown can't locate the ends . the switch may be the wrong one . about 3-4 switch blocks siting back there. First time on forum may be using the wrong reply box
john223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
Anacortesians

That switch allows you to run the dash radio on the house batteries in one position and on the chassis/ignition activated circuit in the other position. The switch has a musical semi-quaver note engraved on it.

It should have one hot wire from the ignition circuit and an alternate hot from the house.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 AM   #10

I have a new 360 ...will post info tonight
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #11

We have a 2011 Georgetown 360 for sale. Couch/bed is very comfortable. It blows up nice and back down to store. We have had two guests stay and no complaints. We purchased a late model diesel after purchasing the Georgetown from Lazydays. If interested, we are asking 85K. Check out our post.
Annsims is offline   Reply With Quote