Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #1

Georgetown 360DS with rear bath

Hello !
Just signed up from Newport, RI, and currently have a 2010 Work & Play fun hauler that I did a few trips with last summer to see if this RVing was for me ? Enjoyed the camping and people so much that I'm now looking into a Georgetown class A 360 DS with rear bath. Does anyone have one here or heard any good or bad about them ? Doing my homework and would really appreciate any comments ???

Thanks

Dano
DANORI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #2

We just purchased one as well...This is our 12th motorhome..lets. keep in touch..my e mail is polkapower@accesscomm.ca
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #3

Polkatronron,

Congrats !!! I am just starting to research them and so far seem to really like the layout of the 360DS. I am very new to this so I'm not too familiar with what to look for other than what I have learned hauling me and my buddy and our two Harleys out to Sturgis this past summer and a couple other trips. But I had a great time and met some really super nice people at the campsites we hit on our way out and back. So now I am going to see about getting my wife and other family members interested and figure they would really like a class A over the fun hauler to do some traveling in. So please do keep in touch and let me know how you like the new unit !!

Thanks for the reply,

DANO

my e-mail : daniel@donovans.org
Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #4

Will do Dano. The last 2 mh's were deisel pushers (money pits) so we have gone back to gas. For the dollar the georgetown seems to be a good fit...We will keep in touch.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #5

Thanks Polkatronron !

Would love to hear about it and see a few pics You must be excited !!! That was one concern and question I have ... Gas vs Diesel? Is there that much a difference to justify the price increase from gas to diesel ?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Hello Dano and to the Forums. I don't have a 360 but do have a 370 which is the original Bath & a Half from FR. We really like the rear bath for the space as well as the privacy if you have company. Full size shower and 2 sinks make it real nice. Our primary reason for purchasing the 370 was the fact we have 3 daughters. Bathroom space was a premium at the time. Now one is married and the other two, in their early 20's don't travel as often with us. Our next coach won't require the bath and a hlaf but it has come in real handy for us when needed.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #7

Charlie / Sheri !

Thank you for the nice Welcome Three daughters would be a really good reason for the bathrooms for sure *L* Have you had good luck with your coach over the years and what in your opinion would be the good vs bad on purchasing the new 360 ? I bought the wife a new 2009 chevy cobalt "small car" and was wondering if we would be able to tow it behind on trips and what is the best way to tow a vehicle like this ? I drive a 2008 Yukon Denali but think it would be too big to tow behind ??? Soo many questions !!! I'm going to the RV show coming here next month to get a good look at some units and ask lots of questions

Thanks for the reply and let me know your experiences with your coach. Any info would be very much appreciated

DANO
Old 02-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANORI View Post
Charlie / Sheri !

Thank you for the nice Welcome Three daughters would be a really good reason for the bathrooms for sure *L* Have you had good luck with your coach over the years and what in your opinion would be the good vs bad on purchasing the new 360 ? I bought the wife a new 2009 chevy cobalt "small car" and was wondering if we would be able to tow it behind on trips and what is the best way to tow a vehicle like this ? I drive a 2008 Yukon Denali but think it would be too big to tow behind ??? Soo many questions !!! I'm going to the RV show coming here next month to get a good look at some units and ask lots of questions

Thanks for the reply and let me know your experiences with your coach. Any info would be very much appreciated

DANO

We've had one big problem but it wasn't anything to do with FR. I lost the rear in the coach November 2009. It was a problem from Ford but a very rare one. I guess if someone would have a problem it would be me. A few minor things, nothing but good luck with the appliances, oh course you know I just jinx them!! If I was looking for a coach now I'd be looking at the 378 because of the spacious living area and not really needing 2 rest rooms. So far we've added Satelite TV and Air Springs, Select Comfort Sleep Number Mattress and an Inverter. I love driving it, it doesn't ride like a limo but it's not bad. We hit Myrtle Beach for a week in June, 500 mile journey one way but it's enjoyable.
We flat tow a Grand AM behing us with the Brakemaster braking system for the towed vehicle.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #9

Charlie / Sheri,

Thats great ! I did my first long trip with my FR 25ULA trailer hauling two Harleys august to sturgis for bike week. Was an adventure for sure and we had a Super Good time! put 4,400 on the trailer out and back and 1,280 on the motorcycles out there going riding every day to Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, blackhill forest, spearfish, needles highway, devils tower in Wyoming, colorado etc. etc. Stopped on the way out and visited my sister in Nebraska and hit several nice campgrounds on the way out and back. Sure beats little RI *L* I thinked I'm hooked on this RVing now !!! Wish I had gotten into it years ago !!!
PS: Does it do any harm to tow a vehicle behind ? Do you just put it in neutral ?
Dano
Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANORI View Post
Charlie / Sheri,

Thats great ! I did my first long trip with my FR 25ULA trailer hauling two Harleys august to sturgis for bike week. Was an adventure for sure and we had a Super Good time! put 4,400 on the trailer out and back and 1,280 on the motorcycles out there going riding every day to Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, blackhill forest, spearfish, needles highway, devils tower in Wyoming, colorado etc. etc. Stopped on the way out and visited my sister in Nebraska and hit several nice campgrounds on the way out and back. Sure beats little RI *L* I thinked I'm hooked on this RVing now !!! Wish I had gotten into it years ago !!!
PS: Does it do any harm to tow a vehicle behind ? Do you just put it in neutral ?
Dano
I'm sure there are differences between vehicles. Some you have to stop and turn on the engine for a couple minutes so fluid in the tranny circulates. In our case I have to pull 3 fuses and set the key to accessory to release the steering wheel and then place the tranny in Neutral. Other than losing about a mile per gallon I hardly know it's back there other than seeing it in the rear camera. Personally I think it's easier driving while towing for the reference of the towed vehicle in the camera. I can see how centered it is on the road and I know I'm where I belong.
Before getting the coach, we tented for 20 years, had a pop-up for 2 years, then a hybrid trailer for 5 years then on to the Class-A. We originally planned for a Class-C, even went to Jayco in Indiana to see them built, but they eliminated the Granite Ridge Line we liked. Then after shopping around for a few thousand dollars more than the Class-C we really liked we found the Georgetowns. It was a no brainer for us from there.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #11

Georgetown 360DS

We just got ours on Valentines Day... love it. Love the bath and half, my hubby thought it was excessive, until we got used to it. Questions how does one hook up BluRay player and still get surround sound.
snuelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #12

Glad to see all the positive reviews of the 360DS. My wife and I purchased a 2011 "Forester" 3101SS last year, and are already looking at a class "A" down the road. I loved the looks of the 360DS and both of us really like the "Bath and 1/2" option" like everyone else. Seems like a lot of RV for the money! Another option we really like is the Washer/Dryer under the big screen TV.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #13

oh yeh...I love the big screen and we did install the washer/dryer..also took out the oven and made that into storage and installed a new cook top.
Looking forward to getting out in it in the very near future
Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #14

Georgetown 360DS - IN LOVE

We bought ours Valentines Day...actually I bought it hoping my husband would fall in love as I did. Well those that say that a bath and a half is not really necessary...well it is wonderful. My husband said it was a luxury that we didn't need until the next morning...We will be leaving for Oregon in ours, last year we took a 28 ft Rockwood travel trailer and will so enjoy the extra room. We will be living in it until October then returning. I have already stayed over a month in it, with the 2 bathrooms two people can easily stay a full week or ten days without dumping, I stayed alone over two weeks. We got the table and two chairs, and we have lots of room. Our punch list was 2 spots that needed caulked, minor adjustment on slide and screen door. If I could reach around it I would give it a big hug everytime I saw it. Do I sound happy and excited!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #15

Great, that sounds wonderful considering we have not used our 360 yet...we will be doing that soon. Can you tell me ...when you dump (there are 2 sets of tanks right) can you dump both sets of tanks from the rear dump valve...I ask this as it looks like there is a 4 inch pipe leading from the half bath tanks to the rear....no one has been able to answer this for me but now that you live in yours I am sure you have found that one out...thanks.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #16

Dumping

They get dumped one at a time..but husband says it is twice as fast as the travel trailer as the tank has a built in spritzer (not technical name for it) that cleans as you dump. He didn't have to move the coach, I think had a Y hook up, he showe me, but as I don't plan on doing this as he doesn't cook, I really wasn't watching that close. He forgot to tell me how to turn on the generator, a far more important bit of info. We didn't get the washer/dryer as everywhere we go has facilities and it is so much faster. We use the area for storage. I love going to the local state park and "living there" my husband commutes to work from there. When he gets home we are at the lake. We like to use ours at least twice a month, a rule we had for the travel trailer, even if it means we go up the road to a local lake. Oh we can fit 2 kayaks in it for short trips, when we would not take a tow car.