Old 03-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #31
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Thanks Toolman. Can it be seen from the driver seat without moving it?
Yes--a little bit of an angle if you don't swing it open. Can't see it from the passenger seat unless you swing it around--then the dining table folks are out of luck.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:33 AM   #32

BigBen, I don't kn ow what the 351 looks like but our old camper had the TV mounted in the side wall which was completely covered when the slide was in. Only time is was a hassle was when we would stop for the evening while on the way somewhere and dry camp with the slide in, which I see doing way more now that we have a motorhome, but won't be a problem in the 364. I personally like the smaller TV's gives more emphasis for being outside and enjoying the location. If I wanted to watch a movie or game on a 65" I'd stay home. As for placement of the TV over the kitchen sink cabinet so far the only real annoyance has been when my wife is cooking or cleaning, the TV is much louder when standing by sink or stove area. I agree and HDMI cable ran from TV to cabinet over passenger seat where the antenna/cable switch is would have been convenient, I don't do satellite (yet), but I do like my wifi signal for Netflix so am working on a way to install a wifi blue ray player in front and the bedroom. The bedroom will be easy, just need to build a shelf to run on top of the TV, can plug in where TV is inside of closet. By the way the area behind the TV in the bedroom is dead space, putting it on a door and making another storage cabinet would have been a much better use of the space. I think I pretty much have everything ready to go for the next 3 weekends of camping in various area state parks both full hookup and dry. I converted my Coleman grill to quick connect into the propane on the unit, after the discussion at the coleman store by the associate that it simply couldn't be done, and a quick search on You Tube and a trip to Lowe's, we are in business. I've also explored all the options for trying to carry our golf cart and Fiesta at the same time and it looks like Tandem-Tow.com has the solution.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Thanks Toolman. Can it be seen from the driver seat without it?
The new t.v. location takes the place of a cupboard door and opens up. It tilts toward the driver's seats, so when you turn the seats around you can watch t.v.

We don't have ours yet, but we spent a lot of time in it asking questions of the Forest River rep. We pulled the t.v. out to see the angle and also to see the cupboard space behind it. Because we have 4 kids, I really like the new location. We can put in a movie and all four will be able to view the movie while driving down the road. That wouldn't have been an option with the prior t.v. location.

Like you, I am interested in the washer/dryer option, but the 2nd bathroom was the selling point for us :-)

Fantastic husband, 2 daughters, 2 foster sons and 3 pups
http://worldofweeks.com/
2xaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:55 AM   #34

Another question. Which of the bays have a pullout slide? Again thanks to all for the info?
Old 03-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #35

None, that must have been a typo of some sort. There are two bays that pass through to both sides but the pass through part is much shallower than the bay on each side. I would say you only have clearance for maybe 12". As far as the outside, one thing that boggles me is the radio controls and speakers under the TV. I don't know why they didn't make the panel covering the TV come3 down another 6" and just recess the radio control and speakers under the panel. I understand they are marine grade and all, but still a lot of nooks and crannies for road silt to work it's way into especially during the winter season.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #36

Hi All -
Well, we checked out the 364 this weekend at the Portland RV show, and I'm still personally happy with my 351!

I like the idea of the TV being on that cabinet, but when we were looking it seemed to be really poorly connected and hard to open with those magnets. I did also feel the 351 has more storage, both inside and out than the 364 and I missed the eurochair.
A second bathroom and a king size bed would be nice, but I was surprised to realize I would've still picked the 351.

Still working on the speakers in the front - did notice they are now putting them in a covered recessed area in the cabinet, so trying to figure out how that works...!

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #37
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
Hi All -
Well, we checked out the 364 this weekend at the Portland RV show, and I'm still personally happy with my 351!

I like the idea of the TV being on that cabinet, but when we were looking it seemed to be really poorly connected and hard to open with those magnets. I did also feel the 351 has more storage, both inside and out than the 364 and I missed the eurochair.
A second bathroom and a king size bed would be nice, but I was surprised to realize I would've still picked the 351.

Still working on the speakers in the front - did notice they are now putting them in a covered recessed area in the cabinet, so trying to figure out how that works...!

Garren
That's another wierd design decision--the dash stereo is connected to the woofer by the passenger's foot. The home entertainment system has an output jack for a woofer (but nothing is connected to it). The main TV plays through the home entertainment system (aux input), and the home entertainment system has a DVD player (plus many other nice features). The DVD player has the standard video out and an HDMI out (I'm guessing for the DVD player). The HDMI out on the stereo has a cable connected to it and the TV has an HDMI cable connected to it--but---this is strange---the HDMI cable has been cut through in the bundle coming through the cabinet to the TV. I might hi-jack the woofer and switch outputs from the dash stereo to the entertainment system.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman_57 View Post
That's another wierd design decision--the dash stereo is connected to the woofer by the passenger's foot. The home entertainment system has an output jack for a woofer (but nothing is connected to it). The main TV plays through the home entertainment system (aux input), and the home entertainment system has a DVD player (plus many other nice features). The DVD player has the standard video out and an HDMI out (I'm guessing for the DVD player). The HDMI out on the stereo has a cable connected to it and the TV has an HDMI cable connected to it--but---this is strange---the HDMI cable has been cut through in the bundle coming through the cabinet to the TV. I might hi-jack the woofer and switch outputs from the dash stereo to the entertainment system.
Interesting - it's like they changed in mid-stream! Our "home entertainment system" is all connected to the dash stereo (has a dvd player in it) but no HDMI. We have mostly blu-rays, so we have an external blu-ray player we have been plugging to an HDMI directly in the TV when we want to watch.
The subwoofer by the passenger foot is connected to our dash stero/home entertainment system.
Our big issue is when driving, you can't hear the stereo in the cab because all the speakers are behind you - no speakers in the cab area, so we are going to add some.

the whole thing is just weird.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:03 AM   #39

My wife and I just picked up our new 364TS. Although the bathrooms are small, we like the idea that we have our own private space. Father-in-law is 86 and has to have his own bath, so the 364TS fits the bill. The bunks give him somewhere to crash and nap without converting the booth or sofabed. We ordered a memory foam mattress to replace the mattress that came with the motorhome - comfort is supreme! Storage is at a premium inside the coach but there is plenty storage in the basement. Looking forward to our first camping trip.
Regards, Al & Mary Fiallos
Old 04-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #40

Al & Mary, Enjoy!

We are on our 4th weekend outing. First 2 full hookup and last 2 electric & water only. Getting things settled in little by little, organized, etc... 2 trips to IKEA and we have several organizer things that have helped out like a few bars mounted under the kitchen cabinets to hang things, a silverware bucket, spice rack, etc., they also had some stainless steel magnetic mounts, which I mounted on the side wall on the side of the side of the cook top and also on the back wall between the window and back splash. Use it for knives, scissors, and other metal utensils while we are set up. I also mounted a shelf over the TV in the bedroom for a digital clock and a wifi bluray player so we can watch netflix when we are somewhere with a WIFI signal, In the closet on the left is the access panel to get to the electrical outlet, a simple 3 to 1 plug for the outlet worked great to accommodate the bluray and clock. Have also enjoyed getting the storage bins underneath organized as well. If you have any questions let me know.

One important tip, make sure and use a pressure regulator when plugged into the campground source, 2 of the 4 we've been to so far had unusually high water pressure which makes the showers that much better, the toilet design is newer than what we had in the old V-Lite camper, mainly there are several ports along the top of the inside of the toilet that spray out water in a circular pattern when flushing, however at greater than designed water pressure the water coming out of the ports spins out of the toilet with great velocity, not swirl down as designed. I haven't found an independent way to regulate the pressure coming into each toilet only so just put a generic one at the spigot outside, less joy in the shower, but much less clean-up after a high pressure flush.

Tags
georgetown