Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #1

Georgetown 364TS owners

looking for any Georgetown 364 owners (or other model Georgetown) that would like to share their loves or issues of ownership. We purchased our unit new April 2015 and we love it. we have had very little issues with it but thought it would be good to share info to see if any preventative maintenance could be done on any thing to stop any issues from occurring. Our first issue was our level controller failed on our second trip, FR replaced it and the dealer fixed it. second was our rear toilet stopped flushing for about 2 days but then started again, the shower and sink ran fine so I figured it was a clogged line some where and not the pump. Our only other issue is the plastic track that covers the slide out cable (closest to the drivers seat) somehow tangled and broke some of the links out. it does not effect the movement of the slideout. FR and my local dealer have been fantastic and very helpfull but it is always nice to hear from the people that own, drive and camp in their units. Please add any thought or comments to this thread. I look forward to hearing from
you
rollin with the rudgies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We have only been out twice in our 364 that we bought in Novemeber, but it has been great. Had an issue with the E-track (plastic cable track) on the bunk slide, but I was able to resolve that. Have done some mods also. Looking at adding some suspension upgrades in the near future, but that is only to improve a great coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #3

We have a 2015 351DS, delivered in May 2014. Overall we are very happy with the MH - the layout is perfect for us (although I do envy the king size bed) but it works for our current camping lifecycle.

A few things needed repair - the leveler motor crapped out on our 2nd trip - it would fire up and then short, tripping the breakers. Ended up having the unit at the dealer for about a week while they troubleshooted the problem - FR had never seen this issue prior - but they duplicated it and decided the fix was to replace the whole motor - but none were in stock (as it was a new part) so it took about 4 weeks for it to arrive (luckily, one doesn't need levelers always) so it didn't impact our camping to much.

The LED awning lights also died about 2 weeks before the year warranty ran out, so had those replaced as well.

We've done a fair share of modifications too - had the dealer add another fantastic fan with vent in the bathroom, move the tow plug from the bottom of the hitch to the top (people reported it getting knocked off) and had a PI power surge protector hard wired in.
In addition we added a set of speakers above the driver and passenger seats (so you can actually hear it when driving!) replaced both TV's and brackets, built shelves in the cabinet next to the bathroom, and build out the space behind the bedroom TV and put the TV on a door. Plus the usual organizational stuff. I also recently purchased some clip on LED lights, since I can't seem to have enough light when I am trying to read at night. So far, it works great. We also purchased some screen panels to hang on our awning to help shade the area when the sun is shining the wrong way. They are awesome too.

Always something else to modify - that's what I have discovered in owning an RV.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post

Always something else to modify - that's what I have discovered in owning an RV.

Garren
That's my favourite part!
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #5

We have had ours since May 2015. We love it and cannot think of a better floor plan. I am still in amazement that no other manufacturer has copied this 2 full bath floor plan.

The only issues we have had are 1) the top cover of the small window slider came off....easy to snap back on. and 2) we have been having difficulties with the heating system to get it to work.

Can anyone share any easy tips to get the heater to work with minimal effort?
Old 04-19-2016, 10:34 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns-Camden View Post
We have had ours since May 2015. We love it and cannot think of a better floor plan. I am still in amazement that no other manufacturer has copied this 2 full bath floor plan.

The only issues we have had are 1) the top cover of the small window slider came off....easy to snap back on. and 2) we have been having difficulties with the heating system to get it to work.

Can anyone share any easy tips to get the heater to work with minimal effort?
What issues are you having?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:59 AM   #7

Actually getting it to turn over and stay on.

We end up having to shut off the propane outside. Then turn on the heat so that the blower kicks on. Then wait for it to turn off. Then turn the propane on. Then it works.

Seems like a lot of work to get it to work and that perhaps I am missing something. Unfortunately, when we bought our unit, it had everything we wanted (even the right colors) except for the heat strips and I decided that was something I could live without.

Does anyone else experience similar problems with their heat.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #8

My heat shuts off sometimes during that cold snap we had in the northeast the last two weeks. I was testing the systems while driveway camping. I had to "reset" by turning off on the thermostat and then back on. That worked the two times it occurred. It's in the shop right now as a matter of fact and that is one issue unable them looking at. (It's in there for routine things residual from pickup, no major issues)....
Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Browns, yours sounds like it might be a regulator issue. Do the furnaces attempt to fire (Igniters working)? When this happens, do other propane appliances work? Make sure you get good flame out of your range, all burners.

I have a problem where mine will run fine for a few days, then both will shut down through the night. No attempt to turn them back will work, until I pull the fuse and re-install, then they will fire up and may run for days again. When this happens, the thermostat is on and working, but nothing on furnace will work, no blower, no igniter, no anything. I've been wondering if my regulator froze up on those nights and somehow locked the furnaces out. This has been my speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
georgetown

« Newbie | AV system »