Old 02-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Georgetown 374 ts

I'm thinking of buying a 2008 georgetown 374ts coach. Aby comments complaints, or compliments? How is kitchen storage for food and dishes?

jmfdesigns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
We love our 2008 FR Georgetown. Have had issues like everyone else, but nothing major. I think you do sacrifice storage with this model because of all the windows take away from cabinet space all the way around. Gary

Ggantilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
We recently traded our TT and took delivery of our 2011 374. Not much use......Between driving it home from the dealer and running around locally for test drives, we've only put 300 miles on it. As far as storage, it all depends on your own personal needs, how long your on the road, how often you care to go shopping for supplies. We loaded it up and yes....for large pots and pans it is a challange, but workable. Food won't be a problem for a weeks supply or more. Clothing shouldn't be a problem if you have a washer/dryer, (4 of us)...tons of space under the bed. The underbelly storage is more then ample, (huge). We carry a lot of stuff and we're still half empty compared to our TT. We plan on using the first 2 bays by the entry door for extra storage of drinkables and some canned goods and will still have lots of empty space.

Complaints........The factory radio and speakers.....JUNK! Just my opinion. I'll be replacing them soon. As everyone else, I'll probably end up with the typical little problems. Since your looking at an 08'. Hopefully the bugs have been worked out?

We're also thinking of replacing the dinning table with a built in desk for the kids, single Chair, drawers on each side. Would allow for storage of more games and electronics for the kids. We have plenty of room for serving trays next to the sofa. We eat outside unless it's too stormy anyway.
GrowingGoatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
We also have a 2008 Georgetown XL 378 with 20,000 miles on it now. We spend the winters in Florida building homes with Habitat. We also took a trip our west and towed a car. saw every national park along the way and had no problems. The interior has changed since 2008, but i still think there is adequate space for everything. The corner bottom cabinet contains enough space to store pots and pans, toaster, and coffee maker. The upper cabinets contain the dishes and glasses. We did add another door below the kitchen closet so we could place heavy cans on the floor rather than going thru the bathroom. Foest river gave us the doors. Ours was ordered with the washer/dryer, a 15000 btu A/C in the livingroom, stove with oven, convection/microwave oven and double pane windows, We added a satellite dish. The artic package was standard back in 2008 along with other extras that are options today. The problems we had was with the jacks leaking, and they (2) were replaced by Forest River. Ours has two closets in the bedroom along with the washer/dryer. So clothing storage is not a problem. Other options we have added are covered vents on all openings in the ceiling and Vecro straps to the electric awning. Thats a safety factor because high winds will unwind your awning while traveling. Check your slide toppers to see if the locks are tight. Ours only came with one screw and one opened on me going down the road in Florida. The coach is well made and we like ours. Ford makes a good foundation and engine for the Georgetown. The fireplace we like for extra heat, infact it will shut down the heater in the front part of the coach. I never leave it on when going to bed. Its just plugged into the 110v outlet behind the fireplace.
Finally, we replaced our concertone DVD with a Sony VHS and DVD unit and its much better. Also, our dealer replaced the ford radio with a 12 cd changer and new radio with blue tooth controls.

Sorry for the lengthy reply. I reread your request and I thought you said 378 model. I am sure there will be members with 374s along with their good comments

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
We have an 08 340 TS. bought it new from RV Vacation Sta. Corona. (no longer in business I hear) We kicked alot of tires at the Pomona RV show. : D
Only problems we've had is with the Lipperts jacks. The seal was replaced.
Furnace mother board, replaced. Thermostat control, damaged..due to slide shaking and hitting it.
Kitchen slide is tearing up our floor, vic. of sink. I was told, Easy Care won't pay that... outta' our pocket.
Main slide..RAM, has been replaced, due to outta' spec. arm. Easy Care and FR replaced that.
Main slide compartment, busted...separated at the base, below the coach, was told by my svc. writter, that I'll have to pay for this also.
Coach door & frame sagged...Repairs made to door. (Sloppy, but works)
Steps, are weak, frame busted... had a difficult time finding new bolts to refasten the hinges. ( Found them on line/ 40 bucks for three little bolts, complete. )
Batteries, had to replace them after two years of light use. Replaced with Optimas. (Have you seen the shoddy wiring under the steps, with the batteries ?)
Control center.. black & gray test give false readings. Center readings are not reliable.
Some of cabinet doors .. vic. of bath sink, peeling. One in the galley...screw stripped out of the wood.
Shore line, Generator cord coming apart.
Coach chair .. the extra one. Two of out four screws where found stripped... base of chair almost ruined.
Window latches, weak design ... barely work. Kitchen and bedroom screens ... slightly bend, can't use them.
Main TV is great, mounting is weak .. feels/sounds like it's going to fall into your lap. Rear/bedroom TV ... they stuck an old anolog (non HD) Sony in there. Hasn't worked since new.
Trim / molding along the exterior sides, found to be cut short.
Check these items.. get them aware of. But ...
All in all ... a fair coach at a fair price point.
Would I buy again ? ...Not at this price point.
mac wing is offline   Reply With Quote